[TechSpot] Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Steam sale results in review bombing - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TechSpot] Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Steam sale results in review bombing

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 09:07 PM
Crayon Evangelist
inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about inedenimadam has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
I am looking forward to this game, granted however I was never going to buy it at the price it was as I knew it would likely come down in price once I get my RTX cards, so for me this is a bonus but I can understand the early adopters being upset, but then again you risk this anytime you buy anything, the price can vary at any point leading to buyer regret.

I am looking forward to this game too, and playing around with Ray Tracing. However, both SOTR and RTX are both missing valuable features at launch...and this is the exact reason I don't pre-order anything...ever.

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Computex 2018: 'Ladies and Gentleman, people of all chromatic sensibilities and lighting clownery, we are proud to present the aaarrrrgggeeebeeee Circus Maximus!'
Quote: Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
I was initially interested in Fallout 76, but my enthusiasm was nuked.
Quote: Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post
If I lob a grenade and die and respawn before it exploded does it still explode?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Performance is the bible
Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about

It's funny. The game is again on sale.
It has either very bad sales, or they really need to push the game forward for some reason.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 04:50 PM
New to Overclock.net
Imouto is an unknown quantity at this point Imouto is an unknown quantity at this point Imouto is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought the Croft Edition day-1 for the same price it goes on discount right now and I still regret it. I hope they fix it with the DLCs because it was the most uninspired game I've played lately. The skill tree was objectively bad but you can't justify learning the skills from the previous games again. Did you lose ALL your gear AGAIN at the start of the game? Girl, you have to be kidding me. The franchise was dry after ROTTR and this game is pure agony.

I'm a fan of the previous two games, specially the survival mode of ROTTR both single and co-op.

A bear! A BEAR!
WAIT! TWO BEARS!
OMAIGAD THERE'S THREE OF THEM!

#EnthusiastLivesMatter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
It has either very bad sales, or they really need to push the game forward for some reason.

Interesting, and again with a 34% discount on the base game and a 47% discount on the Croft Edition (that includes the Season Pass).

Is your CPU bottlenecking your GPU ? Find out: CPU and GPU usage along with FPS in-game
Read my reviews here.
Clubs (founder): The rare / unusual CPU club
Clubs (member): Corsair Professional HX / AX Series PSU Owners Club || The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
CPU
Core i7-3820
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
MSI GTX 1060 6 GB Gaming X
RAM
16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 2TB
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD-RW
Power Supply
Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold
Cooling
Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P
Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Keyboard
Cooler Master Octane
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane
▲ hide details ▲

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 AM
Old to Overclock.net
xenophobe is on a distinguished road xenophobe is on a distinguished road xenophobe is on a distinguished road xenophobe is on a distinguished road

7k reviews two weeks in? Looks like poor sales to me.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about tpi2007 has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
7k reviews two weeks in? Looks like poor sales to me.

I was just commenting on the No Man's Sky news thread about the new update and decided to go look at the Steam stats, and lo and behold, No Man's Sky is in position nr. 85, with 5,054 current and peak players, whereas Shadow of the Tomb Raider is below it, in position nr. 96, with 3,898 current and 3,923 peak players. But there is more, the preceding game, Rise of The Tomb Raider, is above Shadow of The Tomb Raider, in the 94th position, with 4,087 current and 7,426 peak players.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats

Name:  Steam- Game and Player Statistics - Top 100, last places - 30 Oct 2018.png
Views: 153
Size:  39.0 KB

Is your CPU bottlenecking your GPU ? Find out: CPU and GPU usage along with FPS in-game
Read my reviews here.
Clubs (founder): The rare / unusual CPU club
Clubs (member): Corsair Professional HX / AX Series PSU Owners Club || The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
CPU
Core i7-3820
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
MSI GTX 1060 6 GB Gaming X
RAM
16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 2TB
Optical Drive
Sony Optiarc DVD-RW
Power Supply
Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold
Cooling
Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P
Case
Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Monitor
BenQ RL2455HM
Keyboard
Cooler Master Octane
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane
▲ hide details ▲

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 05:32 AM
Performance is the bible
Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about Defoler has a spectacular aura about

Quote: Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
I was just commenting on the No Man's Sky news thread about the new update and decided to go look at the Steam stats, and lo and behold, No Man's Sky is in position nr. 85, with 5,054 current and peak players, whereas Shadow of the Tomb Raider is below it, in position nr. 96, with 3,898 current and 3,923 peak players. But there is more, the preceding game, Rise of The Tomb Raider, is above Shadow of The Tomb Raider, in the 94th position, with 4,087 current and 7,426 peak players.

https://store.steampowered.com/stats

Attachment 228188
Considering rise of the tomb raider is at 75% discount, it could also be that people bough that as well and are just playing the older game before they start on the new one.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:45 AM
New to Overclock.net
PwrSuprUsr

Considering rise of the tomb raider is at 75% discount, it could also be that people bough that as well and are just playing the older game before they start on the new one.
Maybe now's the perfect time to jump on the second game.

Hydra TH10A
(13 items)
Retina Macbook Pro
(1 items)
Qnap TVS-1282T3
(3 items)
CPU
i7 5960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme
GPU
Geforce GTX 1080Ti
GPU
Geforce GTX 1080Ti
RAM
Dominator Platinum
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1600i
Cooling
AlphaCool Custom Dual Loop
Case
CaseLabs TH10A
Monitor
Acer Predator XB321HK
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB
Mouse
Logitech MX Master 2S
Audio
Soundblaster ZxR
Other
Laptop
Hard Drive
8x 4TB Western Digital Red
Hard Drive
4x 1TB Samsung 860 EVO
Other
QNAP TVS-1282T3
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in