[Windows Central] Halo MCC + Reach on Steam - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Windows Central] Halo MCC + Reach on Steam

post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:12 PM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 118 (Unique: 108)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
I just did a fresh Windows 10 Install, and the Microsoft Store doesn't even launch. So yes. The Microsoft Store does have issues regularly.
Install the latest cumulative update, it fixed it for me.

Main Rig: Asus Strix X299-A , Intel Core i7-7800x @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz CL16 , Asus Geforce GTX 1080ti FE, Corsair RM850i, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB, 3x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB in Raid0, Custom Watercooling.
HTPC: Intel 3770k @4.2Ghz, 16GB ram, GTX 2070 (cpu bottlenecked )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:13 AM
Astronomer/Photographer

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Aussiejuggalo View Post
I'm happy this is coming to Steam, seeing I use Enterprise LTSB it means I don't have the Windows store... not that I want the store .

Any idea on pricing for this yet? Can't imagine it'll be cheap.
$30. For the *whole* collection!
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:00 PM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 792 (Unique: 451)
When does Halo: The Master Chief Collection release on PC?
Quote:
343 Industries, the developer behind Halo: The Master Chief Collection, is currently promising the Halo: Reach PC launch "later this year." The in-house Microsoft studio remains opposed to a formal public release date, beyond its previously-outlined 2019 timeframe. However, with the newly-veiled Halo Insider Program, there will be early access opportunities.

Microsoft is preparing pre-release Xbox and PC builds for distribution via the Halo Insider Program for extensive testing. It will be your first chance to play Halo: The Master Chief Collection before launch, enrolled by registering on the Halo Waypoint site. You'll need to provide details on your Halo experience, accounts, PC hardware, and availability for consideration in tests.
Forums / Community / Halo Insider
[Locked] Halo Insider FAQ

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by looniam; 03-20-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM
The Challenger

Rep: 286 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by Norlig View Post
Install the latest cumulative update, it fixed it for me.
After trying literally everything on the internet, nothing worked. I was almost going to install Windows again from scratch... Ultimately, while randomly browsing through my settings, I noticed that my region was blank and that it was grayed out, so I couldn't change it. I had to manually go into the registry and put in my country code. Microsoft Store magically worked afterwards...

Honestly, I have no issues with the Microsoft Store when it works. For one, Play Anywhere is something to be celebrated, rather than having to pay twice to play the same game on different platforms. Too bad it's not integrated initially, although I do think they will do it down the line. It is a step in the right direction if they do, but for PC in particular, the issue is bigger. I think we're getting too many PC game stores... First it was practically Steam only... Now we have Windows Store, UPlay, Origin, Epic Games Launcher... Our PCs are littered with game stores...

The real solution would be if GOG would get all games. But publishers are hesitant, because GOG has no DRM... You can copy the game a bunch of times and give it to your friends if you so wish. That didn't stop The Witcher 3 from selling extremely well, but apparently no publisher gets that message. GOG has steam integration... So if they can work to get integration of ALL games store accounts, even if you need to buy them at their respective stores, that would be a great thing.

I'll definitely be getting this game for PC in any case. Maybe not at launch, but I've had too much fun with Halo not to get the game. I played all the Halo games, except Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5: Guardians. I bought guardians, but never got around to it xD
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 45)
I haven't really been keeping track of MCC but I stumbled across this today. Skip to 10:00 for ~45 minutes of Reach PC gameplay. The video quality isn't the best, but it gives you an idea.
The only thing that I hope they improve on without being too picky are the textures, they're quite bland.

Perpetual 21:9
(13 items)
CPU
i7 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC @ 2Ghz
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Cooling
HWLabs Nemesis 360, EK fittings, Photon res w/ D5
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Monitor
34UC79G-B, 144Hz, G-Sync
Keyboard
Corsair K65 LUX
Mouse
Glorious Model O
Mousepad
Steelseries Prism XL
Audio
ATH M50x
▲ hide details ▲
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 17)
Quote: Originally Posted by Foxrun View Post
They are probably still working on them. I love comments like these. We get every Halo game, except 5, confirmed for the PC AND coming to steam ... and people still complain XD
I mean... the latest game in this collection is 7 years old. If they're pricing them individually I might pick one or two up if they sell them for next to nothing.

I don't think this should really be construed as a good guy Microsoft move, show me a simultaneous PC-Xbox release of Halo Infinite and I'll be less sceptical. Until then I assume they are just cashing in some rather old IP, given that it's guaranteed to sell moderately well with minimal cost porting the games (since they've already been ported to the Xbox One).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in