[GoL]Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 may be coming to Linux - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[GoL]Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 may be coming to Linux

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:42 PM
Hardware Princess

Rep: 30 (Unique: 25)
I loved the original but I don't have much faith in Paradox. Every paradox game I tried like Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis etc., ran at like 1 fps despite basically being a map lol.

CHILLER DESTRUCTION
Build Log - White Voodoo
Z390 Station
(11 items)
White Voodoo
(15 items)
CPU
9900K @ 5.4 1.50v
Motherboard
EVGA Z390 Dark
GPU
Titan RTX 2085/8500
RAM
Trident Z 3200c14 @ 4133c16 1.5v
Hard Drive
970 Evo Plus 250gb
Power Supply
silverstone 1200 from 2008 (other one exploded)
Cooling
HWLabs GTX 360 Rad (in RED)
Cooling
3x EK Vader 120mm 2200rpm Fans
Case
Dimastech Test Bench
Monitor
AOC Agon AG251FZ 240Hz
Audio
Built-in Monitor Speakers (3 watt)
CPU
7980XE @ 4.3 GHz 1.10v
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Apex
GPU
2 x Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 Ti @ 2037/6318
RAM
Trident Z 16gb 3200c14 @ 3800c16 1.50V (the other two sticks were sacrificed)
Hard Drive
960 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 1600 T2
Cooling
HWLabs GTR 420+280 Rads
Cooling
7 x Noctua Industrial 140mm 3000 RPM Fans
Cooling
EK D5 Pump/Res (with RGB!)
Case
LD Cooling PC-V7
Operating System
Windows 10 LTSB
Monitor
NEC PA271W
Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
Mouse
Logitech M510
Mousepad
anime tiddy mousepad
CPU
Dual Intel Xeon L5520 2.26 GHz
RAM
48 GB Samsung DDR3-1066
Hard Drive
120 GB Samsung 750 Evo SSD
Hard Drive
2 TB Western Digital Green
Hard Drive
2 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM
Power Supply
650W Delta PSU
Case
1U Rackmount
Operating System
Ubuntu Server 16.04
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 04:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 153 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by Drake87 View Post
GOG is also doing that. I wonder if preorder sales have been trending upward since the Epic store came along.
As long as stores continue to offer refunds I will always pre order a game I'm interested in to get the rewards. Then I play for like an hour and if I'm not sold I wait for reviews.

Quote:Originally Posted by Clinic http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a benchmark thread...if you want pics go look on newegg. Thats what the cards look like. They didn't secretly send me orange ones.
Darkness
(17 items)
CPU
Motherboard
asus z97-ar
GPU
gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaw
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w Platinum
Case
Corsair 600T SE
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Monitor
Ultrasharp 27"
Monitor
HP W2338H 23"
Keyboard
Black Widow Ultimate
Mouse
Zowie EC2
Mouse
Zowie (Pure exellence)
Audio
dt880
Audio
sound blaster recon3d
Audio
swan m10
▲ hide details ▲

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 342 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by DNMock View Post
Not gonna lie, kinda put off by the fact that I found out about it via a giant ad on steam wanting me to pre-order.... with a march 2020 release date...

Really took the wind out of the hype sails for me.
Saw that too, it was one pre-order add after another, "and now it has come to this", buying stuff that doesn't even exist yet?
Maybe Steam etc. should open a section called "crowd funding" because that's what pre-orders are, giving the publisher money for something that they plan to offer later in return.

Corporations and companies scared to invest into products, make good products, they rather do this crowd funding and pre-ordering now to gauge interest first based on nothing but hype since there is no product to speak off for customers to evaluate. Then they either proceed to invest some of that money into actually making the product or abandon it and try refund everyone back. Some companies ride this "early access"/beta/alpha/crowd funded/pre-order wave for years and years. Steam even has a time limit on how long a product on their store can be in this early access stage, but at least people get something that runs even if it's utter trash quite often. The pre-orders, even worse, you get nothing, nada. Shoving money into publisher's throat hoping they will make a something you may like.

Quote: Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post
As long as stores continue to offer refunds I will always pre order a game I'm interested in to get the rewards. Then I play for like an hour and if I'm not sold I wait for reviews.
Refunds with software... should not even work unless the software is broken or otherwise doesn't deliver what was promised.
So I buy a game on Steam, finish it in 4 hours and refund it? Good job. They always have some fine print like 1 hour max, or what ever in there. Or their "free for the weekend" isn't a whole game but only a "demo" aka first level of the game.

I don't trust these renting stores like Steam to refund, I know they can nowadays kind of do it because EU laws forced them to comply after years of arguing over it. Outside of EU... eeeh, good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in