[Kotaku] Gearbox Announces Borderlands 3 - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Kotaku] Gearbox Announces Borderlands 3

post #131 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by Defoler View Post
I'm going to wait for GOTY version just like last time.
In BL2 it was less of an issue but in the pre-sequel, it felt they took a lot of the game out just to add it to the season pass.
I normally wait until months after release to buy a game since they're usually launched in a semi-beta stage and I'm picky on which games I actually like even if it's polished.

For BL3 I'm probably going to give it a week or so to let everyone else test it out lol
Here's my dilemma:
I'm a grown ass man stuck in a small town 20 miles from where I grew up...in a state I hate. I'm a friendly guy and I get along with anyone but in that particular state about 95% of the population is just the worst kind of people. You know the kind that say global warming isn't happening so they can happily cut the cats off their truck while it's running a stock chip so it's running less efficient, making no more power but it's much louder...hopefully I've painted a picture.
Either way, I don't have friends! Maybe if I get into it sooner I can clan up with some guys here (there will be a thread I'm sure). The friends I do have are on console and even today I wish I had peeps to play with on BL2.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy to wait a while after release...it just sucks being the noob.

Off topic:
So people hate on Epic mainly becasue they don't like Fortnite but what those people seem to miss is what they accomplished with that game using that launcher with their engine...real cross play. I got into it becasue it was probably the first time I ever played an online game with people I actually knew. That's one reason I'm more than happy to use the Epic store. No one has hinted at cross play on BL3 but it all adds up and makes the game much more interactive for so many people, I had a lot of fun playing with my friends on Fortnite before they started changing the mechanics of the game on a weekly basis. People may not like Fortnite but it's one of the few games that gave it's player base exactly what they wanted on the fly and really listened to the community (for better or worse).

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 AM
HEC Club

Rep: 846 (Unique: 579)
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
I normally wait until months after release to buy a game since they're usually launched in a semi-beta stage and I'm picky on which games I actually like even if it's polished.

For BL3 I'm probably going to give it a week or so to let everyone else test it out lol
Here's my dilemma:
I'm a grown ass man stuck in a small town 20 miles from where I grew up...in a state I hate. I'm a friendly guy and I get along with anyone but in that particular state about 95% of the population is just the worst kind of people. You know the kind that say global warming isn't happening so they can happily cut the cats off their truck while it's running a stock chip so it's running less efficient, making no more power but it's much louder...hopefully I've painted a picture.
Either way, I don't have friends! Maybe if I get into it sooner I can clan up with some guys here (there will be a thread I'm sure). The friends I do have are on console and even today I wish I had peeps to play with on BL2.

Otherwise I'm pretty happy to wait a while after release...it just sucks being the noob.
PM me once you get the game. I have 2 buddies that have pre-ordered the game along with me and we will be jumping into it full bore. We have hundreds of hours poured into each of the three previous BL games and always have a blast playing coop together and trying out different builds. It's going to be a blast!

Proud Member of the [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club! http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/headphone.gifBecause perfect hair is overrated!
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
CPU
Intel i5-2500K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-M
GPU
EVGA Titan X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
LG Bluray Combo Drive
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Corsair H50
Case
Corsair Obsidian 350D
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional x64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp U3415W
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
fUnc Mouse Mat
Audio
Sennheiser HD650
Audio
Grace m9xx DAC/AMP
Audio
ELAC B6
Audio
Schiit Lyr 2
Audio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable mod)
▲ hide details ▲

post #133 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:18 PM
BOINC Cruncher

Rep: 98 (Unique: 66)
You know the kind that say global warming isn't happening so they can happily cut the cats off their truck while it's running a stock chip so it's running less efficient, making no more power but it's much louder...hopefully I've painted a picture.

I would have taken the cats off my old truck if we didn't have emission testing every 2 years.

Team Boinc! - Forum Folding War Team
Gentoo Linux - Telemetry Free Since 1999!
Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Boinc Desktop
(15 items)
CrunchAholic
(10 items)
NAS
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVOPlus
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream XE 240 Radiator
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 150mm Tube Res
Case
Thermaltake View 31 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard
Asrock Rack EP2C602
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
RAM
64 GBs Samsung M939B1K70CHD-CH9 PC3-10600R
Hard Drive
Samsung HD322HJ
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
CPU
i3-4130T
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
RAM
CORSAIR CMX16GX3M2A1600C11
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 10 TB x3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 8 TB
Case
Fractal Design Node 804
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Quote: Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Here's my dilemma:

PM me once you get the game. I have 2 buddies that have pre-ordered the game along with me and we will be jumping into it full bore. We have hundreds of hours poured into each of the three previous BL games and always have a blast playing coop together and trying out different builds. It's going to be a blast!
Will do, I've only every played the second. Life keeps getting in the way for me to dump hundreds of hours into each one lol. I might actually pre order it when I get paid again, I've never preordered a game before lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Diffident View Post
You know the kind that say global warming isn't happening so they can happily cut the cats off their truck while it's running a stock chip so it's running less efficient, making no more power but it's much louder...hopefully I've painted a picture.

I would have taken the cats off my old truck if we didn't have emission testing every 2 years. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/blinksmiley.gif[/IMG]
Yeah! What another 50% of the remaining animal population? They're just taking up space we could cram more humans into! Hell who uses clouds anyway, we can spray those on now.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #135 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:42 PM
BOINC Cruncher

Rep: 98 (Unique: 66)
Will do, I've only every played the second. Life keeps getting in the way for me to dump hundreds of hours into each one lol. I might actually pre order it when I get paid again, I've never preordered a game before lol

Yeah! What another 50% of the remaining animal population? They're just taking up space we could cram more humans into! Hell who uses clouds anyway, we can spray those on now.

We can just 3D print those things. I should have kept the truck, 4 years from now I could have put Street Rod tags on it and legally removed the cats. It would still shred tires even with the cats.

Team Boinc! - Forum Folding War Team
Gentoo Linux - Telemetry Free Since 1999!
Washington Capitals 2018 Stanley Cup Champions
Boinc Desktop
(15 items)
CrunchAholic
(10 items)
NAS
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard
ASRock X370 Taichi
GPU
AMD Radeon VII
RAM
HyperX Predator
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVOPlus
Power Supply
EVGA 850 G2
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV PRO AM4 CPU Block
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream XE 240 Radiator
Cooling
EKWB Coolstream PE 360 Radiator
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller 150mm Tube Res
Case
Thermaltake View 31 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2670
Motherboard
Asrock Rack EP2C602
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
GPU
EVGA 1070ti FTW
RAM
64 GBs Samsung M939B1K70CHD-CH9 PC3-10600R
Hard Drive
Samsung HD322HJ
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
CPU
i3-4130T
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H97N-WIFI
RAM
CORSAIR CMX16GX3M2A1600C11
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 10 TB x3
Hard Drive
Western Digital Red 8 TB
Case
Fractal Design Node 804
Operating System
Gentoo Linux
▲ hide details ▲

post #136 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Networking Nut

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Sadly I'll be taking a complete pass on BL3 even though I have the entire BL series with all DLC in my Steam library. Since Metro Exodus I have decided to never ever purchase any title that cuts an Epic exclusivity deal, even after the time period ends.

It's sad, really. I was all set to forego all of the Steam functionality in order to allow the developers a bigger piece of the pie, then Epic decided it hated consumers and started the anti-consumer exclusive deals. They would have had all of my business by default, then they decided they didn't want my business at all.

Last edited by Xyxox; 04-11-2019 at 06:55 AM.
post #137 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Old to Overclock.net

Rep: 327 (Unique: 232)
I just don't want all my games spread out on multiple launchers. Steam isn't perfect but most of my games are there. It's convenient.

And I'm a scrooge, I'll just wait till those titles go on discount and buy them on Steam. I don't need to be the first person to play a title... getting it for a discount is a much better feeling.
post #138 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Master of Black Snow

Rep: 700 (Unique: 519)
Quote: Originally Posted by xenophobe View Post
I just don't want all my games spread out on multiple launchers. Steam isn't perfect but most of my games are there. It's convenient.

And I'm a scrooge, I'll just wait till those titles go on discount and buy them on Steam. I don't need to be the first person to play a title... getting it for a discount is a much better feeling.
Go full on Scrooge and go with Humble Bundle. Support the Indies that way and the monies you spend there(a larger chunk than most anyway) goes to support charity organizations. Most if not all games come with a Steam key. I think all of the games I got in the last year work with Steam.

~Ceadder

I am really starting to feel my Oats as a long time member of OCN. Why did we go back to this system again?

https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/w8cbvb-6.png
Black snow
(17 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1800x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZSK
Hard Drive
Western Digital Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 750 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Adata m.2
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova
Cooling
EKWB Crosshair VI Acetyl Monoblock
Case
Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit USB
Monitor
Samsung NU6900
Keyboard
Corsair K55
Mouse
Corsair M65
Other
Xbox Wireless Controller: Winter Forces Special Edition - Xbox One/Xbox One S/Windows 10
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Motherboard
Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
XFX RX 480 Black Edition 8GB
RAM
Corsair Dominator
Hard Drive
x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0
Hard Drive
Samsun 750 EVO
Power Supply
EVGA
Cooling
EK D5 Vario
Cooling
EK x3 250 RGB
Cooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silent Fans
Cooling
EK Supreme HF Classified
Cooling
Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing.
Cooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings
Cooling
EK x3 CSQ Clean Acrylic
Cooling
EK RX 480 Copper/Acetyl
Case
HAF 932
Operating System
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM
Monitor
Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen
Keyboard
Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know what I'm going to replace it with.
Mouse
Logitech g9x
Mouse
COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad
Audio
Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers
Other
Creative X-Fi
Other
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3
▲ hide details ▲

post #139 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:52 PM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 12 (Unique: 12)
I'll just wait for the Steam version... almost exactly one year from now

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.8ghz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Maximus IX Hero | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200mhz 14-14-14-34-2T | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti Founders Edition (overclocked) | Seasonic X750 | CaseLabs Merlin SM8 | X-Fi Titanium HD | Win 10 Pro 64-bit | LG 27UK600 | Creative T40 | Corsair K70 w/ Cherry MX brown switches | Logitech G400s | Audio Technica ATH-AD700
post #140 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:28 PM
HEC Club

Rep: 846 (Unique: 579)
Man, I am so stoked for this game!

Proud Member of the [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club! http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/headphone.gifBecause perfect hair is overrated!
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
CPU
Intel i5-2500K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-M
GPU
EVGA Titan X
RAM
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
LG Bluray Combo Drive
Power Supply
Corsair AX860
Cooling
Corsair H50
Case
Corsair Obsidian 350D
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional x64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp U3415W
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma
Mouse
fUnc Mouse Mat
Audio
Sennheiser HD650
Audio
Grace m9xx DAC/AMP
Audio
ELAC B6
Audio
Schiit Lyr 2
Audio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable mod)
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in