[XBOX] Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) Updated List 11/5/19 - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[XBOX] Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) Updated List 11/5/19

post #111 of 127 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 38 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
True that was my main reason for the game pass was Metro though honestly it feels like a port. Idk if that's the implementation of it on the xbox app or what but i feel like there is smoothing and input lag that i can't seem to eliminate.
I also tried metro and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't give it much of a try though, probably just 40 mins or so. The animations and voices were so stiff, combined with being forced to follow around a not at all believably human NPC for too long.. made it feel like a game that was getting in the way of itself. It really highlighted the bad parts right off the bat, opposite of how the first metro game was. When it finally did let me start playing, it started off really with a slow stealth mission that was actually fairly hard, which made the pacing feel weird. Long intro with nothing good about it and no action, then straight into slow grinding gameplay. Not a good hook.

4K Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Intel 7700k @4.2ghz
GPU
Zotec 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Hard Drive
250GB nvme + 500GB SSD + 4TB HDD
Monitor
Samsung 4K 65 inch TV
Monitor
Pixio PX276 27inch 144Hz 1ms 1440p
Audio
Sound Blaster z
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 127 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
hey bae, wanna game pass and chill?

i don't see anything that states its a lifetime subscription, just cancel when/if you're not really using it. done that w/netflix, hulu, prime and scribd (edit: ok, i'll admit the WWE network). hell, if i don't use prime for a year, get another free month.

personally the only thing i don't care for is having to have the latest W10 because i begrudgingly update only when i have to since to me there are more useless features than fixes. and i don't need to play a game because it's new or everyone's doing it. but i ain't going to judge the service based on just my preferences.

~$5/$10 a month is a no brainer for a lot of gamers. i'll wait a few months, still got a big enough back log.
Absolutely agree. For what? $60 a year, the price of one game, I have access to an entire library of games that I may have never had the opportunity to play? It is absolutely a no-brainer and just as you said, if not using it, unsubscribe. Pretty simple.

All these mentions of "sheep" and what have you. I've been PC gaming since PC gaming was born. I just don't get the complaints here.
post #113 of 127 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 AM
New to OCN?

Rep: 1543 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
True that was my main reason for the game pass was Metro though honestly it feels like a port. Idk if that's the implementation of it on the xbox app or what but i feel like there is smoothing and input lag that i can't seem to eliminate.
Anti lag increases performance with vsync... also I dont see any problem with input lag
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
I also tried metro and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't give it much of a try though, probably just 40 mins or so. The animations and voices were so stiff, combined with being forced to follow around a not at all believably human NPC for too long.. made it feel like a game that was getting in the way of itself. It really highlighted the bad parts right off the bat, opposite of how the first metro game was. When it finally did let me start playing, it started off really with a slow stealth mission that was actually fairly hard, which made the pacing feel weird. Long intro with nothing good about it and no action, then straight into slow grinding gameplay. Not a good hook.
if anything the game gave the player more freedom, there is no linear story where you have to do x when you are told to, you could just complete side missions and then go to the objective, not sure metro was always an action game, their main strong points were storytelling and exploring which continue being the same in exodus, the intro is long probably because they need to explain the new players about the story, technically the amount of people who just goes to play exodus without playing the prequels is just higher than it should be

Last edited by PontiacGTX; 09-10-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 38 (Unique: 34)
Just a reminder, The Outer Worlds comes one on Xbox Game Pass at launch. (Tomorrow)

4K Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Intel 7700k @4.2ghz
GPU
Zotec 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Hard Drive
250GB nvme + 500GB SSD + 4TB HDD
Monitor
Samsung 4K 65 inch TV
Monitor
Pixio PX276 27inch 144Hz 1ms 1440p
Audio
Sound Blaster z
▲ hide details ▲
post #115 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:44 AM
Politically incorrect

Rep: 156 (Unique: 89)
OCN went from having decent arguments against subscription services to outright shilling

This thread is terrifying.

post #116 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 04:08 AM
Legacy Member

Rep: 122 (Unique: 97)
Quote: Originally Posted by lombardsoup View Post
OCN went from having decent arguments against subscription services to outright shilling

This thread is terrifying.
I dont remember OCN ever actually being completely for or against subscription services in the past.

Honestly Im having a hard time understanding the negative aspect of subscription services. For me its something I think gaming has needed to get back to for the last 2 decades. Right now there is virtually no way to play a game without paying retail price, if I can play and try out a library of games for 10-15 usd a month I simply cant understand how this is a bad value.

It used to be there was a popular and available rental business for games, but that has long since past.

post #117 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:55 AM
Gamer

Rep: 77 (Unique: 67)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
Just a reminder, The Outer Worlds comes one on Xbox Game Pass at launch. (Tomorrow) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69HsSDeBZY
On Xbox Pass it says it will be playable tonight at 7pm.

swah
AMD 2019
(6 items)
CPU
ryzen 3600
Motherboard
x570 Phantom Gaming 4
GPU
5700XT
RAM
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
Hard Drive
m.2 512GB
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
post #118 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 131 (Unique: 116)
Quote: Originally Posted by Woundingchaney View Post
I dont remember OCN ever actually being completely for or against subscription services in the past.

Honestly Im having a hard time understanding the negative aspect of subscription services. For me its something I think gaming has needed to get back to for the last 2 decades. Right now there is virtually no way to play a game without paying retail price, if I can play and try out a library of games for 10-15 usd a month I simply cant understand how this is a bad value.

It used to be there was a popular and available rental business for games, but that has long since past.
I think people just fail to understand that a subscription can work for some and not for others! For me i paid the $1 to try Outer Worlds. I cancelled the subscription as soon as i paid.

I like to have fun.
https://hwbot.org/user/sockskeepyouwarm/
https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/II+TH3PRO+II
16 Threads is Good
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core I9 9900K 4.8Ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Elite
GPU
Aorus 2080Ti Xtreme Waterforce WB 11GB
RAM
Trident Z
Hard Drive
Samsung 250 SSD
Power Supply
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid
Cooling
Watercooling Custom
Case
900D
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
28" ACER 4K Monitor
▲ hide details ▲

post #119 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 04:01 PM
mfw

Rep: 435 (Unique: 218)
Quote: Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post
I think people just fail to understand that a subscription can work for some and not for others! For me i paid the $1 to try Outer Worlds. I cancelled the subscription as soon as i paid.
You rascal!

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Glorious Odin
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510 L
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #120 of 127 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 06:14 PM
H₂O Aficionado

Rep: 117 (Unique: 94)
What is the consensus of the service? For $1, it sounds like a great initial investment. Especially for The Other Worlds. However, how many active subscribers are here? A lot of titles I am interested in trying... even at the full monthly rate.

-=]░▒▓███ [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club ███▓▒░[=-

Stridsfordon 90
(20 items)
M1 Abrams
(18 items)
Asus G53
(0 items)
CPU
Intel 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
GTX 780 SC
RAM
Patriot Black Viper
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 7200 RPM
Power Supply
Corsair AX 850
Cooling
XSPC EX 360 Radiator
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm CPU Block
Cooling
XSPC Titan/780 GPU Block
Cooling
EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 - Acetal
Cooling
XSPC D5 Pump
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX 27"
Keyboard
Logitech G710+
Mouse
Razer Death Adder 2013
Mousepad
Mouse Rug
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX
Audio
Bose Companion III's
CPU
i7 3930K
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
GPU
Geforce GTX 780 EVGA SC 3GB + XSPC Waterblock
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 2133
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 Series 250GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX850
Cooling
XIGMATEK Dark Knight II Night Hawk Edition
Cooling
XSPC 360mm radiator, Raystorm CPU block, D5 pump
Case
Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Military Green (Custom paint)
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
QNIX QX2710 27" 100hz
Monitor
Samsung 2233RZ 22" 120hz
Keyboard
Logitech g710+
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
Mouse
Mouse Rug
Audio
Bose Companion III's Speakers
Audio
Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones
Audio
Sennheiser HD 6XX Headphones
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in