[XBOX] Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) Updated List 9/9/19 - Page 12 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[XBOX] Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) Updated List 9/9/19

post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
True that was my main reason for the game pass was Metro though honestly it feels like a port. Idk if that's the implementation of it on the xbox app or what but i feel like there is smoothing and input lag that i can't seem to eliminate.
I also tried metro and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't give it much of a try though, probably just 40 mins or so. The animations and voices were so stiff, combined with being forced to follow around a not at all believably human NPC for too long.. made it feel like a game that was getting in the way of itself. It really highlighted the bad parts right off the bat, opposite of how the first metro game was. When it finally did let me start playing, it started off really with a slow stealth mission that was actually fairly hard, which made the pacing feel weird. Long intro with nothing good about it and no action, then straight into slow grinding gameplay. Not a good hook.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Indentified! On the Way!!

Rep: 153 (Unique: 114)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
hey bae, wanna game pass and chill?

i don't see anything that states its a lifetime subscription, just cancel when/if you're not really using it. done that w/netflix, hulu, prime and scribd (edit: ok, i'll admit the WWE network). hell, if i don't use prime for a year, get another free month.

personally the only thing i don't care for is having to have the latest W10 because i begrudgingly update only when i have to since to me there are more useless features than fixes. and i don't need to play a game because it's new or everyone's doing it. but i ain't going to judge the service based on just my preferences.

~$5/$10 a month is a no brainer for a lot of gamers. i'll wait a few months, still got a big enough back log.
Absolutely agree. For what? $60 a year, the price of one game, I have access to an entire library of games that I may have never had the opportunity to play? It is absolutely a no-brainer and just as you said, if not using it, unsubscribe. Pretty simple.

All these mentions of "sheep" and what have you. I've been PC gaming since PC gaming was born. I just don't get the complaints here.
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:38 AM
new to OCN?

Rep: 1542 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post
True that was my main reason for the game pass was Metro though honestly it feels like a port. Idk if that's the implementation of it on the xbox app or what but i feel like there is smoothing and input lag that i can't seem to eliminate.
Anti lag increases performance with vsync... also I dont see any problem with input lag
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
I also tried metro and I just couldn't get into it. I didn't give it much of a try though, probably just 40 mins or so. The animations and voices were so stiff, combined with being forced to follow around a not at all believably human NPC for too long.. made it feel like a game that was getting in the way of itself. It really highlighted the bad parts right off the bat, opposite of how the first metro game was. When it finally did let me start playing, it started off really with a slow stealth mission that was actually fairly hard, which made the pacing feel weird. Long intro with nothing good about it and no action, then straight into slow grinding gameplay. Not a good hook.
if anything the game gave the player more freedom, there is no linear story where you have to do x when you are told to, you could just complete side missions and then go to the objective, not sure metro was always an action game, their main strong points were storytelling and exploring which continue being the same in exodus, the intro is long probably because they need to explain the new players about the story, technically the amount of people who just goes to play exodus without playing the prequels is just higher than it should be

Last edited by PontiacGTX; 09-10-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in