[WSJ] Sony Positions Next PlayStation for Hard-Core Gamers - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[WSJ] Sony Positions Next PlayStation for Hard-Core Gamers

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 538 (Unique: 305)
this is a larger issue than just PC gaming. It's the inability for people to realize that someone is simply better than them at something. They can't grasp that they're simply not that good, and that someone else is much much better.

as stated above. I can jump into CS @ 240FPS in 1440p (so stupidly fast frames + more view) and i'll still get schooled. Why? Cuz I'm bad. I haven't been into FPS in over a decade. The hardware may help a bit, but after a certain point, which isn't all that high in cost, its 99.99% skill.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
how's that gonna affect cross platform titles? like XB1 and XBs kids playing together, will XBs be synced down to res & frame rate of the old console?
if not, then you'll have the disparities you complain about above... while they exist, most of the time the person killing you is just better than you.
I don't really get into those kind of games, not because I suck at them though I'm sure I would.. it just don't see it as a competition of pure skill. The hardware arms race is too big of a factor.

Sure TVs have a range of response times but it a more even playing field, and anyone playing competitively would likely have a good TV.

There will for sure a lot of cases where the same game comes out on PS4 and PS5. Maybe they have separate servers for ppl playing at 30 vs 60hz, or maybe they get 60hz on both consoles with the PS4 have way lower graphics. Time will tell.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 05:56 AM
BlackSmith Designs

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
lol color me agreeable with ya. Pc's can barely do 8k, and not well at all. No way Sony is, unless.....unless they mean 8k, at 2 FPS. Then ok, maybe so. Supersampled at 8k, checkboarding, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 538 (Unique: 305)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
I don't really get into those kind of games, not because I suck at them though I'm sure I would.. it just don't see it as a competition of pure skill. The hardware arms race is too big of a factor.

Sure TVs have a range of response times but it a more even playing field, and anyone playing competitively would likely have a good TV.

There will for sure a lot of cases where the same game comes out on PS4 and PS5. Maybe they have separate servers for ppl playing at 30 vs 60hz, or maybe they get 60hz on both consoles with the PS4 have way lower graphics. Time will tell.
All of 2021 is CDPRJKTRED for me, specially since we're likely getting Ceri's story via Witcher 4. Getting tired of Cyberpunking? Go horseback riding as Ceri thru Tameria instead

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
What a joke. The only hard there is is in the title. Consoles are for casuals. Want to attract hard core gamers? OK lets enable modding to games, private run servers, 1440p 144Hz+ capable hardware on modern titles, competitive games with organized leagues, ditch the controller and use mouse and keys, ...
Plus nowadays there aren't even that many hard core games to begin with as most games have been dumbed down to promote sales to casuals.

Never bought a console, don't see why now I should Sony, really don't. You got nothing to offer other than money to developers to release certain titles only for your platform aka anti customer practices.
I couldn't disagree with the last statement more. I had been a Nintendo exclusive guy up until I built a PC in 2010, then it was between that and Nintendo Exclusives. I just got my first non-nintendo console ever when I got the Read Dead 2 PS4 Pro. If you haven't played that, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider Man, Uncharted, and The Last of Us among others, you are really missing out and it's hard to give creedence to that statement until you at least try a couple of them. Maybe borrow someone's PS4 for a week or a month.

drunken.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in