[Guru3d] NVIDIA Announces Support for lots of RTX ON based games at Gamescom - Page 20 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Guru3d] NVIDIA Announces Support for lots of RTX ON based games at Gamescom

post #191 of 193 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 08:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Do me a favor... Do not confuse RTX with ray tracing... Let me quote Mr. Jensen here, on what RTX actually is;

"The Nvidia RTX is a PLATFORM, consisting of architecture, software, SDKs and libraries that allows us to COMBINE DIFFERENT types of rendering technologies into ONE unified and cohesive PLATFORM."
Source

Just remember that RTX is the next GameWorks. Ray Tracing is the "excuse". That is all.
the “RT” in RTX stands for ray tracing -Google

it's ray tracing with a super looking x at the end, xtreme! gaming edition! synergy! ultra! nighthawk! more cowbell!! reinvented! gangnahm style! premium! pro! durable!

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Non XT Boost Core 2035 Gaming Ram 960 43c Air Water Hybrid Cardboard Blower with a 20$ chinese Waterblock on the core 50 gallon tote of water, Ryzen 2600 4.1 ghz, 15$ chinese waterblock, same tote 3200 ddr3 cl16 Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF , B450m Asrock Pro 4 Mobo, 700 Watt OCZ PSU.

Last edited by treetops422; 09-24-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 193 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 08:28 AM
new to OCN?

Rep: 1542 (Unique: 926)
Quote: Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post
Do me a favor... Do not confuse RTX with ray tracing... Let me quote Mr. Jensen here, on what RTX actually is;

"The Nvidia RTX is a PLATFORM, consisting of architecture, software, SDKs and libraries that allows us to COMBINE DIFFERENT types of rendering technologies into ONE unified and cohesive PLATFORM."
Source

Just remember that RTX is the next GameWorks. Ray Tracing is the "excuse". That is all.
nah Raytracing is the new physx, sooner or later GPUs will incorporate the RT units to process the processing,another example can be tessellation, it wont go somewhere else, it will be always be available in the games once become mainstream
post #193 of 193 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 10:04 AM
771on775 user,Complainer

Rep: 99 (Unique: 63)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
you caught that too eh? I guess we'll getting day walker rings in the pre-order bundle?

jk jk, street lights n fires create plenty of reflection
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
Where did you see "sun" there? It's neither in the texts or in the game really at least not the first one. There is however ten million possibilities for reflections, shadows etc.

Control looked nice so far with the available tracing options. Some people may like all the fakery in games, I don't much.
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
yes i edited that in there; its a joke.

maybe i should mention vampyres don't reflect their image.

made those devs job a little easier.

yes, thats another joke
Quote: Originally Posted by huzzug View Post
Whoosh!!!
OMG! This is why I STILL love the OCN forums even with the issues they have. I can still find a good laugh and we all know how to take a joke. Thanks for making the day better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in