[Tweaktown] New Battlefield to release by 2022 on PS5, Project Scarlett - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Tweaktown] New Battlefield to release by 2022 on PS5, Project Scarlett

post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Lurking Veteran

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
If it doesn't release on steam, might as well not release at all. Releasing on steam after COD has also left the platform would double players counts and make the content offerings actually playable year around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 94)
This better be Bad Company 3.
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
The BF series has had a rough couple of launches and i think EA is realizing that if they dont allow for more development time they are going to kill one of their former golden gooses. with the way loot boxes are being banned in some countries and investigated in others i think it has ea scared a bit and that they might actually have to start churning out stable and good games since they might not be able to rely on loot boxes supporting them.

for all those that think it will be just a reskin of something from the past what would you like added to a future battlefield? i personally would like them to have the weapon customization options that the current COD has and maybe take some elements from siege. i would love a class that could repel and had breaching charges to go through walls and with the horsepower of next generation consoles i think they could easily support a higher level of micro destruction/physics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 137 (Unique: 110)
Not sure how I feel about DICE / Battlefield these days. The last Battlefield that I truly enjoyed was Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1 was fun, but didn't have the same "hook" as their previous titles that kept me coming back. I have been a die-hard Battlefield fan since 1942 and I didn't buy Battlefield: V, it just wasn't that good. I hope for this next Battlefield that DICE really takes a look at what their fans want and provides a game that gets bad to the root of what made the earlier games good.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 06:50 AM
Portgas D. Ace

Rep: 318 (Unique: 242)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigboy678 View Post
The BF series has had a rough couple of launches and i think EA is realizing that if they dont allow for more development time they are going to kill one of their former golden gooses. with the way loot boxes are being banned in some countries and investigated in others i think it has ea scared a bit and that they might actually have to start churning out stable and good games since they might not be able to rely on loot boxes supporting them.

for all those that think it will be just a reskin of something from the past what would you like added to a future battlefield? i personally would like them to have the weapon customization options that the current COD has and maybe take some elements from siege. i would love a class that could repel and had breaching charges to go through walls and with the horsepower of next generation consoles i think they could easily support a higher level of micro destruction/physics
Conquest maps only. TDM is fine, but no small infantry only maps. I remember when one had to learn all the vehicles to not be a liability on the field. Not so much this game. The series has become too COdish. If i want COD, then i'll buy it. No hate. The new maps this week look to do a 180 on that remake, but we need more large scale maps. Crank up levolution, destruction, and weather effects. This is a war game, so why are body parts still intact after taking devastating damage? Wheres the blood? No eazy mode either.

PCMR
(18 items)
CPU
AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Motherboard
ASROCK TAICHI X370
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 ULTRA
RAM
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200
Hard Drive
WD Red 4TB NAS HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
8TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2)
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 860 EVO SSD 1TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 2TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-U14S (CPU COOLER)
Cooling
Cooler Master JetFlo 120mm Blue LED Fan (X6)
Case
LIAN LI PC-V760B
Operating System
WINDOWS 10 64
Monitor
Dell UltraSharp UP2718Q - LED monitor - 4K - 27"
Keyboard
VORTEX POK3R WHITE EDITION
Mouse
LOGITECH G305 WIRELESS GAMING MOUSE
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Headphones
Other
Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai Joystick modded
▲ hide details ▲
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 07:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 558 (Unique: 317)
^^ pretty much.

the next battlefield needs to make world of warship, world of tanks, War thunder, COD, etc players all wanna jump back in.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 171 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigboy678 View Post

Handicapped black female and non-binary gender queer heavy infantry and lots of it. Also Sergeant Trans-gendered prefers Zarge over Sarge.

For real though, a revamp of the vehicles, making them more realistic in their dominant areas. an F35 should require a bit more than a dude with a hand held stinger to take down. It should also play Kenny Loggins while flying just like everyone knows military jets do in real life.

post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 09:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by rv8000 View Post
I guess complacent would be the proper word in that case. Problem standing is that with the majority of people not caring, nothing will get better any time soon.
QFT. (Do we still use that acronym these days?)

The last battlefield game that I really enjoyed was BF4 which coincidentally still has full servers on any given night.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 09:50 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 140 (Unique: 94)
BF2, BC2, BF4 and BF1 were the only games I found worth it's salt.

We need BC3. I really miss BC2.
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 10:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 558 (Unique: 317)
i'd pre-order just for Kenny.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in