[oc3d]GOG Galaxy 2.0 has entered Open Beta - Bring all of your PC games into a single launcher - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[oc3d]GOG Galaxy 2.0 has entered Open Beta - Bring all of your PC games into a single launcher

post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 06:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
This couldn't have come sooner. Steam's new library interface is awful. Not sure why people would not like this. Adding non steam games is a serious PIA in Steam. Once you connect the launcher/store in Galaxy, every game you never knew you had suddenly appears. It was like a eureka once everything was connected.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 06:20 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

Rep: 651 (Unique: 349)
they sure hid the download button well now to find the "enable beta" toggle.

I have "public beta features" enabled, but nothing works and the steam sync pulled zero information even though I switched my steam profile to public. oh maybe the public only allows steam

yay betas

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Last edited by skupples; 12-11-2019 at 06:28 PM.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-11-2019, 10:36 PM
Gamer

Rep: 77 (Unique: 67)
Can we get a review or two of it so far?

swah
AMD 2019
(6 items)
CPU
ryzen 3600
Motherboard
x570 Phantom Gaming 4
GPU
5700XT
RAM
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
Hard Drive
m.2 512GB
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 10:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 155 (Unique: 125)
Quote: Originally Posted by paulerxx View Post
Can we get a review or two of it so far?
Ive been using it for two days. Adding libraries from Steam, Uplay and Origin took a couple of minutes and worked fine. All games shown and all I've tried so far launched without issue, although that's only 3 games so far.

I had to re-enter my Steam information today as it lost all of my titles overnight, that could get annoying if it happens too often. I like the interface, its simple. Similar to Steam without the advertising bar at the top of the games list, can display tiled or list and sort by all games, original launcher, play time, % achievements, genre etc. All achievements and statistics are the same as from original launcher, and it seems to display when friends are online in Steam at least live so far, I dont have friends in Origin or Uplay so I cant comment there.

So far I would recommend. Remains to be seen if the other launcher companies will sabotage it somehow with updates making it incompatible. I've wanted a universal launcher for a while, I like my statistics and I like to have it all in one place.

In the future everyone will be Ozymandias for 15 minutes. Or something.

Unrelated to other Slinkies.

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 10:40 AM
LTSC Consiglieri

would'a been nice to get into the closed beta. what's available on the open doesn't work, and galaxy is slow as balls.

Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 11:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

What's not working and what's slow for you exactly Skupples?

post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 12:27 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

I, off the cusp, assumed i'd have what's available in the screenshots, but now I'm assuming that's closed beta. (all the clients, not just steam)

What's not working - Steam sync. The app claims its due to privacy settings, but my steam profile conforms with their guidelines.

post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 12:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
I, off the cusp, assumed i'd have what's available in the screenshots, but now I'm assuming that's closed beta. (all the clients, not just steam)

What's not working - Steam sync. The app claims its due to privacy settings, but my steam profile conforms with their guidelines.
I guess they havent got all the bugs worked out yet for everybody. Hope they do, its seems like just what I've been looking for.

My own Steam sync is fine at the moment, like I said it lost all the games overnight and I had to add them back in by signing in but its been fine so far today. I also have Uplay and Origin added and the games are listed with stats and achievements although I haven't tried them yet as I dont play anything there at the moment, I dont own anything on Epic store to comment on.

Downloaded Battletech through the launcher from GOG store today and speeds were same as Steam, hit my 50mbps cap and stayed there as far as I saw.

Havent tried chat or social features yet and I probably wont very much as I dont really care much for them in my game launcher. But it seems on the surface like Steam has a lot more features in that area overall.

post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 12:57 PM
LTSC Consiglieri

yeah, i'm looking forward to it.

I was sad to hear MW5 release without multiplayer.

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Gamer

Rep: 77 (Unique: 67)
From what I just read...Sounds very promising, I will definitely be trying this one out at release.

swah
AMD 2019
(6 items)
CPU
ryzen 3600
Motherboard
x570 Phantom Gaming 4
GPU
5700XT
RAM
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
Hard Drive
m.2 512GB
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in