[Phoronix] NVIDIA Demonstrates Porting Of DirectX Ray-Tracing To Vulkan - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Phoronix] NVIDIA Demonstrates Porting Of DirectX Ray-Tracing To Vulkan

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 05:44 PM
u broke 666 rep :(

Rep: 681 (Unique: 361)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowarez View Post
Wasn't DX12 supposed bring Mgpu back unless I read it all wrong thought it was supposed to support duel+ GPUs better and make it so the Devs didn't have do the work to add it into games.
you did not read wrong. it was most definitely a hype point made by MS many times during the vaporware days.

Quote: Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
You blame the software for an unstable overclock?

DX12 uses more of the silicon so it makes sense you could get worse max overclocks using it, but that would be true with any new API. That is the point of the new APIs. I am all for Vulkan over DX12 but this simply cannot be a reason for that preference. Vulkan is also very likely to have a lower max OC with the same title compared to DX11 (unlikely anyone would actually do that), it can use more of the silicon too.
i read the same complaints from other folks on the low end of the hardware spectrum, which doesn't make sense. In the titles where vulkan exists, it runs better, on my 2080ti. though admittedly, I haven't hopped into many titles where its the secondary option. (IE: Like DX12 is the secondary option in BL3, and is thus more unstable. or at least was.)

either way, in RDR2? Vulkan was much more stable. it also has decent MGPU support for that specific title.

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
KAIHL Switches < CHERRY Switches, 10/10, blind taste test @ work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-09-2020, 10:31 PM
Politically incorrect

Rep: 620 (Unique: 302)
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvi View Post
the more reasons to use vulkan, the better.

i absolutely hate dx12, real world example:

Division 2 ran on dx11
+85 core
+600 mem
On my 1660ti and fully stable

Division 2 ran on dx12
had to lower core to 55
and mem to 400
In order to reach stability.

Same story with forza horizon 4, abyssymal performance with overclock applied.
You haven't provided any performance numbers as DX12 performs better than DX11 at stock, and thus you are just looking at arbitrary numbers rather than at the result.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-10-2020, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 17)
during both tests i had my gpu running at 90-100% im playing division in 1440p almost all on max, my screen is 75hz. I will provide proper benchmarks today after i come back from work.

r5-1600 4.1 1.431vcore 3020 cb20 score max temp 76.4c
amd wraith prism cpu cooler
b450m asus prime motherboard
16gb ddr4 2933mhz oc'd cl 16 hyperx ram
gtx 1660ti gigabyte gaming oc 2070-2100mhz core 6651mhz memory 68c max temp in 3dmark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in