[Guru3D] Crytek is hinting at a remastered version of Crysis - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Guru3D] Crytek is hinting at a remastered version of Crysis

post #101 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 08:11 AM
Food Editor

Rep: 719 (Unique: 378)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigboy678 View Post
saber interactive was responsible for the witcher 3 port and from what ive read it isnt too bad considering . its all about prioritizing what concessions you have to make

off topic i am very curious the concessions cd projekt red had to make to get cyberpunk 2077 to run on current gen consoles
i don't even wanna know how long the list of concessions is.

or rather "limitations cuz current gen consoles"

10 years, almost out of development hell.

speaking of console limitations. FF11 supposedly has an expansion coming. NO JOKE.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.

Last edited by skupples; 04-23-2020 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-29-2020, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by JMCB View Post
Figured I'd install the original game with the announcement (never seen it at 4K, all maxed out with over 60FPS). JMCB from years ago would have been in heaven. Game still looks great (although lighting in games today have improved IMMENSELY). I also caught myself playing up until the Korean nanosuit guys come in - game is still a blast to play.
Thank you.
It always feels people think Crysis is a hardware demo only but it's actually a really fun game. The nanosuit is also less limited than the 3rd and 2nd game and gives you a lot of freedom to do fun stuff.
post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old 04-30-2020, 03:25 PM
Quad Core? Quad Damage!

Rep: 50 (Unique: 46)
While I'd very much like to play a Crysis Remastered version, I have this feeling that it won't be all that it could be. In that either the remaster will only bring it on par with current gen games so in effect not be that much of a difference or that they'll make some alterations to make the actual game-play worse.

We'll just have to wait an see. What I would have also liked to see was maybe have the ice levels expanded a bit since they were pretty short or have an expansion where we get to see what Prophet was up to between being separated from and then reunited with Nomad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in