[Sony PS UPDATE] PS5 June 11 1:00 PM Event. "You’re Invited: A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5" - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Sony PS UPDATE] PS5 June 11 1:00 PM Event. "You’re Invited: A Look at the Future of Gaming on PlayStation 5"

post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-03-2020, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
makes sense, the majority of their viewers are in the streets right now...

and its not just the US protesting, buddy . unfortunately, it's pretty unstable everywhere at the moment.

#RonaRiots
I don't exactly have the big picture but a lot were initially railing Sony for the indefinite suspension, then other gaming developers and publishers followed suit, some probably incidental. They probably thought it was just Sony being an "sjw" (don't know the politically correct term, please correct).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post
As much as I want to say "I think so", I'm not so sure. Sony has a habit of creating inspiring projects, while Microsoft's are generally lukewarm. This might be because Sony is first a theater/movie company, even if in recent years Playstation has become what they're known for.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'll reserve judgement for when it happens.
That's a odd way to see Sony.

Most kids see Sony these days as the people that make the PlayStation in the US.

I remember them for being a giantic electornics manufacture that I loved (like an apple sheep, I owned their 1st Mini Disc protable Player/Rec., I still have their bookshelf MD system, handy cams, their 56mb stick MP3 player, portable slot loading CD Players WEGA TVs etc etc).
But its kind of sad that their nothing but just a insurance and playstation company in my eyes now.

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post
That's a odd way to see Sony.

Most kids see Sony these days as the people that make the PlayStation in the US.

I remember them for being a giantic electornics manufacture that I loved (like an apple sheep, I owned their 1st Mini Disc protable Player/Rec., I still have their bookshelf MD system, handy cams, their 56mb stick MP3 player, portable slot loading CD Players WEGA TVs etc etc).
But its kind of sad that their nothing but just a insurance and playstation company in my eyes now.
They do insurance? That's interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 02:28 PM
mfw

Rep: 515 (Unique: 238)
I've heard recently that everyone on OCN loves Linus, so here's one of his videos.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O Glossy
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 736 (Unique: 388)
no thx.

man needs a razor blade. his wife needs to shave that off in his sleep.

i like how he held up a bajillion dollar SSD to defend PC. yes, point made linus, thanks.

he should've left off the bit where he claims it was a persona/joke. no linus, you were just being you. its ok.

i wonder how this will affect microsoft, & how it effects Windows Gaming? also, the asset referencing technology is a blast from the past no? Isn't that how they fit so much stuff on Nintendo games?

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited by skupples; 06-05-2020 at 05:12 PM.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
I've heard recently that everyone on OCN loves Linus, so here's one of his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ehDRCE1Z38
Confirmation bias but that's what I also thought. The LCD could be PC with all Sony and MS console having dedicated h/w decompression for their ssds.

It would've probably taken much longer for newer nvmes to be fully taken advantage of without consoles (low to no profit margins on hardware). It just seems big devs are not confident without them.

Is it the first time consoles are leading tech for mass consumer device? Maybe helped mass push BluRays? I've only think of how weak this gen's consoles were in terms of hardware.

I wish MS keeps the Kinect legacy (now probably moved into Mixed Reality teams).

I bet AMD (and maybe MS and Sony indirectly) are bringing a lot of those storage tech, h/w or software, to mass consumers on PC as they've already hinted in the Road to SP5 vid.

PC has really had very fast storage for a while now but until consoles adapt the tech, it may just feel like beta state when looking at some of the load times I've seen from a few years back.

These is in the context of gaming though and I hope RTX muscles would finally be properly flexed in within a year or two.

Could definitely be wrong though.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 01:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 20)
Due to the current price fixing on the GPU market by Nvidia, I'm giving strong consideration to buying a PS5, and giving up PC gaming for a couple years to wait and see if the GPU market fixes itself. I don't currently own any of the current gen systems, never had a need. Literally skipped this entire gen of console gaming. The new systems look like they're closer to PCs than the current gen systems, which is a good thing. Due to Moore's law (which appears to be noticeably hitting hardware development currently), the specs of the new systems are likely to hold up better for longer than the previous gen. And if the price point is a rumored $500-$600, I'm sold. That's the cost of a mid-range GPU these days..... when mid range GPUs used to be $350, and the flagships were $700.

Last edited by chaosblade02; 06-06-2020 at 01:39 AM.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by chaosblade02 View Post
Due to the current price fixing on the GPU market by Nvidia, I'm giving strong consideration to buying a PS5, and giving up PC gaming for a couple years to wait and see if the GPU market fixes itself. I don't currently own any of the current gen systems, never had a need. Literally skipped this entire gen of console gaming. The new systems look like they're closer to PCs than the current gen systems, which is a good thing. Due to Moore's law (which appears to be noticeably hitting hardware development currently), the specs of the new systems are likely to hold up better for longer than the previous gen. And if the price point is a rumored $500-$600, I'm sold. That's the cost of a mid-range GPU these days..... when mid range GPUs used to be $350, and the flagships were $700.
Why not consider Series X with that budget of up to $ 600, so you also build a library for PC when you come back to it, years after?
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 03:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 42)
Quote: Originally Posted by amtelocn1 View Post
Why not consider Series X with that budget of up to $ 600, so you also build a library for PC when you come back to it, years after?
You're suggesting that he passes on some of the most critically-acclaimed and potential new franchises (PS exclusives) so that he can instead maybe play some of his old games years later on PC? That doesn't make much sense...

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-06-2020, 07:15 AM
Politically incorrect

Rep: 631 (Unique: 308)
Quote: Originally Posted by chaosblade02 View Post
Consoles have been custom PC's for a while; The Xbox runs Win Spy and the PS4 runs BSD, with both having AMD APU's.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz1729 go_quote.gif
Haha, Liranan, you creep.

Tacitus - The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. - Cree Indian Proverb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in