[Kotaku] Microsoft closing Mixer, moving content to Facebook Gaming - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Kotaku] Microsoft closing Mixer, moving content to Facebook Gaming

post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 09:50 PM
Original 16-bit Genesis®

Rep: 67 (Unique: 44)
This came out of nowhere. But Its a typical Microsoft move. If something they build doesn't just take off, they kill it leaving everyone holding dead product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-22-2020, 10:44 PM
PC Enthusiast

Rep: 52 (Unique: 39)
Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
where do you think candy crush came from?

gaming and facebook have been synonymous since farmville. imo, if zynga hadn't had such horrible customer service (along with a few dick moves) they would have monopolized FB gaming and been raking in some serous cash now. people were spending thousands of dollars on "free to play" flash based games.
About 10yrs back, almost everybody on my team would start their 'work day' by starting Farmville. It was pretty big, yes. And you're right about Zynga too.

PolaRyz
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen R7 1700x
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Asus GTX 1060 6Gb
RAM
Hyper X Predator 32gb 3000Mhz
Hard Drive
Crucial MX100 256 GB
Hard Drive
Seagate ST1000DM003
Hard Drive
Toshiba DC01ACA300
Power Supply
SeaSonic S12G 750w 80+ Gold
Cooling
Phanteks TC14PE
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
LG 23MP68VQ
Monitor
LG 23MP68VQ
Mouse
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Mousepad
Steelseries Qck Mass
▲ hide details ▲
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 06:27 AM
mfw

Rep: 515 (Unique: 238)
This is super sad. It's so sad, I remembered this scene from The Sopranos.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/76d63f9...6-39a0df15a646

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte 2070 Super Windforce OC
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Vortex Race 3 RGB
Mouse
Glorious Model O Glossy
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (Dekoni pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 07:07 AM
The Necromancer

Rep: 106 (Unique: 84)
Ninja and Shroud sitting pretty right now, got huge multi million dollar bonuses and can now go back to twitch
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 07:25 AM
r/wallstreetbets degen

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by Xoriam View Post
Ninja and Shroud sitting pretty right now, got huge multi million dollar bonuses and can now go back to twitch

Honestly, influencer culture makes me cringe.

Shroud is in an extremely fortunate position because other than being incredibly skilled at first person shooters, he offers nothing. To see success as a streamer you have to be personable and offer something that's "different". Shroud doesn't tick any of those boxes, and the moment his reflexes are shot he'll fade into obscurity. If he's smart with his finances he will still be able to live a comfortable life - but that rarely happens when people basically become institutionalized.

Enthoo Evolv TG :: Maximus X Hero :: i7-8700K :: H115i PRO RGB :: Trident Z RGB 32GB :: AORUS GTX 1080 Ti :: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB :: Dell AW3418DW :: Sennheiser HD800S :: RME-ADI 2 FS
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 07:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Considering the full blown racism going on behind the scenes at Mixer. let it burn.

Heatware: Nineball |

Main Rig: Lian Li Dynamic XL | [email protected] (1.26v) | EVGA XC Ultra Gaming 2080Ti 2160Mhz on stock BIOS | 16 G.Skill Trident RGB @ 4000MHZ | Asus Hero Max X | Heatkiller V CPU block, EKWB Full cover block, Aquacomputer D5 Next, 2x Alphacool nexos rads | Corsair AX1200i
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 08:53 AM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 736 (Unique: 388)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nineball_Seraph View Post
Considering the full blown racism going on behind the scenes at Mixer. let it burn.
lol

what's gonna happen when the zoomers realize racism was in fact not the boogieman they were sold?

(hint) classism and self victimization are the modern racism. why teach people to hate when you can teach people to hate themselves?!

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 09:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Pity I actually liked mixer compared to twitch.

It offered features that twitch was too lazy, big and comfortable to do. Twitch spaming ads as well is incredibly annoying especially if your a small streamer.

This is pretty big news but sadly anyone could see it coming, mixer had poor growth and viewer ship.

It also blows my mind the arrogance of people acting like game streaming isn't a massive multi million dollar industry.
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by elucid087 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Xoriam View Post

Honestly, influencer culture makes me cringe.

Shroud is in an extremely fortunate position because other than being incredibly skilled at first person shooters, he offers nothing. To see success as a streamer you have to be personable and offer something that's "different". Shroud doesn't tick any of those boxes, and the moment his reflexes are shot he'll fade into obscurity. If he's smart with his finances he will still be able to live a comfortable life - but that rarely happens when people basically become institutionalized.
Im doubtful of that. Even if his reflexes slow into his 30s(which they will) still from his many years gaming and being a previous pro, he will still be better then most average gamers and even most seasoned gammers.

While I do find shrouds personality on the dull side he still is entertaining to watch for his gameplay. Plus it seems like most pro steamers don't piss a ton of money away on things like useless toys and partying. Sure shroud has a nice big house in LA but property isn't a bad investment, most streamers just sit at there PC all day anyways and have no time for anything else.
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-23-2020, 12:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
lol

what's gonna happen when the zoomers realize racism was in fact not the boogieman they were sold?

(hint) classism and self victimization are the modern racism. why teach people to hate when you can teach people to hate themselves?!
I'm a 33 year old black man that grew up and survived living in a sundown town. The klan and the AB are still very active in said town... So I'm not going to waste my time explaining the bloody and violet experiences that I faced to someone that will only intentionally ignore history and sweep racism under the rug when it's already been a documented issue at Mixer. There are plenty of containment sites like stormfront and /pol/ where points like yours will blindly be accepted as fact by the echo chamber. Please take them there. It's clear by your post that you'd feel right at home there.

In the meantime, you can go on my blocklist.

Heatware: Nineball |

Main Rig: Lian Li Dynamic XL | [email protected] (1.26v) | EVGA XC Ultra Gaming 2080Ti 2160Mhz on stock BIOS | 16 G.Skill Trident RGB @ 4000MHZ | Asus Hero Max X | Heatkiller V CPU block, EKWB Full cover block, Aquacomputer D5 Next, 2x Alphacool nexos rads | Corsair AX1200i

Last edited by Nineball_Seraph; 06-23-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in