I'm fine with this on these conditions:
1. Games quadruple in quality and length/re-playability.
2. Micro-transactions, season passes, lootboxes, and PAID dlc are ruled illegal and executives that pushed this in previous games are publicly executed (pay-per-view could really jump on this and make a ton of money) and their families made destitute.
3. Every game that sees a release must have a demo.
4. Publishers cannot treat developers like slaves like forcing them to work inhuman hours just to rush out a game in time for the holidays with only the amount of funding to buy a piece of gum. Violation of this is an automatic life sentence for executives.
5. Special editions, pre-order exclusives, and etc are illegal. Everyone pays the same price and everyone has access to the same content.
But none of this is going to happen anyway. Companies will double down on **** tactics, jack up prices, place in more pay walls forcing more people to give in to MTXs, and publisher's forms of gambling will go unpunished and unchallenged. So Instead, I will continue to ignore consoles, torrent everything, and if I do spend money it will be after a huge sale. Most AAA games are only worth $15. I've seen more indie devs only charging $30 for games that are honestly worth $100.
Besides my backlog of unfinished games is massive and im still content with playing doom wads and other classics.
Heatware: Nineball |
Main Rig: Lian Li Dynamic XL | [email protected]
(1.26v) | EVGA XC Ultra Gaming 2080Ti 2160Mhz on stock BIOS | 16 G.Skill Trident RGB @ 4000MHZ | Asus Hero Max X | Heatkiller V CPU block, EKWB Full cover block, Aquacomputer D5 Next, 2x Alphacool nexos rads | Corsair AX1200i