[GeekWire] Microsoft will bundle xCloud gaming service with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[GeekWire] Microsoft will bundle xCloud gaming service with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 60 (Unique: 54)
[GeekWire] Microsoft will bundle xCloud gaming service with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership

Quote:
Microsoft announced today that its cloud gaming service Project xCloud will be included in its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership program this September.

Xbox Game Pass gives members access to more than 100 PC and console games, for $4.99 to $9.99 a month. The Ultimate package includes both console and PC games, in addition to an Xbox Live Gold membership, for $14.99/month.

“Cloud gaming in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate means your games are no longer locked to the living room,” Xbox chief Phil Spencer wrote in a blog post. “And just like you do with the popular movie and music streaming services, when cloud gaming launches into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue your game wherever you left off on any of your devices.”

Project xCloud lets users play high-powered Xbox games such as Halo on their smartphones. xCloud will be coming to Windows 10 as well as the Xbox platform.
Source: https://www.geekwire.com/2020/micros...te-membership/

A nail in the coffin for Stadia? Lets hope.

4K Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Intel 7700k @4.2ghz
GPU
Zotec 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Hard Drive
250GB nvme + 500GB SSD + 4TB HDD
Monitor
Samsung 4K 65 inch TV
Monitor
Pixio PX276 27inch 144Hz 1ms 1440p
Audio
Sound Blaster z
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Nope I've had it months beta testing it and its pretty bad honestly sad to say. I have such terrible delay I can't play anything but maybe city skylines that doesn't need low latency. I can't play any 1st person shooter or car game because the delay is terrible. The only streaming that works decent at times is streaming from console at my house to my cell phone or tablet in my house on wifi and I have great internet and networking hardware. 1gig verizon fios service with Ubiquiti gear running my network and getting 700+mb on wifi 940 mb both ways wired. If I try to stream anywhere else on xcloud its unplayable so I really don't know how they even sell these services. You have to live next to the data center or in it to play lol I think we need new tech before this works but it's a good idea if they can improve it.

Anyone else please share your experience. Everyone I know also has the same issues
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 06:26 PM
PC Evangelist

Rep: 1806 (Unique: 1179)
The problem with XBOX is games. They got everything going for them but games. HALO/GEARS/FORZA... get on with it. They are 20 years old.

Yamato
(10 items)
Ishimura
(13 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
GPU
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
RAM
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL14
Hard Drive
Samsung SM961 512GB
Hard Drive
HGST DeskStar NAS 6TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2
Cooling
Gamdias Chione M1A-280R
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
GPU
AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition
RAM
AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 16GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB
Hard Drive
Toshiba X300 5TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
Cooling
Corsair H100i GTX
Case
Fractal Design Define Nano S
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Monitor
LG OLED55C7P
Keyboard
Cooler Master MasterKeys MK750
Mouse
Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2020, 08:43 PM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
The problem with XBOX is games. They got everything going for them but games. HALO/GEARS/FORZA... get on with it. They are 20 years old.

I wonder how far into the stack sony will go. Like, will Banjo & Kazooy get a PC port?

as for the actual topic - not shocking in the slightest. We've discussed game streaming being an available layer in the new consoles for ages now.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 02:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 139 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
These "Console Wars" are the only time you ever see so many people disregard high quality game series.
The idea of disregarding Gran Turismo will get you laughed at, but Forza Horizon has brought Arcade Racing to new heights with every release four times in a row, unquestionably one of the best game series to come out of this generation, and yet "Boring Old Forza" is still one of the first snappy sentiments you'll see across the web.

Gears 5 is also a new height for that series, The Coalition has just found their feet.
Now we need to wait and see if 343 Studios can recover from the transition of Halo from second party development to first party.

Speaking of which.
Microsoft has Fifteen studios now, most started from scratch at the beginning of the generation and/or were small Indie studios. It seems like after the 360 generation they had to re-start their content production strategy, it's an easy guess that the same attitude that gave us "TVTVTV" also put game production at a disadvantage.
Much as Gears 4/Halo 5 were the low point of each series, they were the start of the second era of Microsoft as a content producer.
Today any time you see an interview with a Microsoft studio they say they're hiring, and often expanding rapidly.
The Videogame Industry overall is talent starved and Microsoft seems to be throwing as many hooks into the water as they can (still not a shotgun approach though), moving forward I would be surprised if Xbox doesn't dominate in terms of content production for the rest of the decade.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 05:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 153 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post
These "Console Wars" are the only time you ever see so many people disregard high quality game series.
The idea of disregarding Gran Turismo will get you laughed at, but Forza Horizon has brought Arcade Racing to new heights with every release four times in a row, unquestionably one of the best game series to come out of this generation, and yet "Boring Old Forza" is still one of the first snappy sentiments you'll see across the web.

Gears 5 is also a new height for that series, The Coalition has just found their feet.
Now we need to wait and see if 343 Studios can recover from the transition of Halo from second party development to first party.

Speaking of which.
Microsoft has Fifteen studios now, most started from scratch at the beginning of the generation and/or were small Indie studios. It seems like after the 360 generation they had to re-start their content production strategy, it's an easy guess that the same attitude that gave us "TVTVTV" also put game production at a disadvantage.
Much as Gears 4/Halo 5 were the low point of each series, they were the start of the second era of Microsoft as a content producer.
Today any time you see an interview with a Microsoft studio they say they're hiring, and often expanding rapidly.
The Videogame Industry overall is talent starved and Microsoft seems to be throwing as many hooks into the water as they can (still not a shotgun approach though), moving forward I would be surprised if Xbox doesn't dominate in terms of content production for the rest of the decade.
Good series don't need to die bu they definitely need a reboot and gears 5 was a great example of microsoft realizing that. I think they did a great job with it. Sony hit the nail on the head with god of war. I think the next gen is going to be awesome.

Quote:Originally Posted by Clinic http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a benchmark thread...if you want pics go look on newegg. Thats what the cards look like. They didn't secretly send me orange ones.
Darkness
(17 items)
CPU
Motherboard
asus z97-ar
GPU
gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaw
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w Platinum
Case
Corsair 600T SE
Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64Bit
Monitor
Ultrasharp 27"
Monitor
HP W2338H 23"
Keyboard
Black Widow Ultimate
Mouse
Zowie EC2
Mouse
Zowie (Pure exellence)
Audio
dt880
Audio
sound blaster recon3d
Audio
swan m10
▲ hide details ▲

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 60 (Unique: 54)
Quote: Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post
Good series don't need to die bu they definitely need a reboot and gears 5 was a great example of microsoft realizing that. I think they did a great job with it. Sony hit the nail on the head with god of war. I think the next gen is going to be awesome.
How is gears 5 a reboot? I've never played a gears game because that 3rd person cover mechanic thing is super lame. Are you saying gears 5 is any different? Sure doesn't look that way.

Every gears game: run to cover, shoot from cover, repeat.

4K Rig
(7 items)
CPU
Intel 7700k @4.2ghz
GPU
Zotec 1080 Ti
RAM
16GB 3200mhz DDR4
Hard Drive
250GB nvme + 500GB SSD + 4TB HDD
Monitor
Samsung 4K 65 inch TV
Monitor
Pixio PX276 27inch 144Hz 1ms 1440p
Audio
Sound Blaster z
▲ hide details ▲
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 09:22 AM
Vermin Supreme 2020

Rep: 737 (Unique: 388)
you forgot melee smashing.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2020, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 139 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
How is gears 5 a reboot? I've never played a gears game because that 3rd person cover mechanic thing is super lame. Are you saying gears 5 is any different? Sure doesn't look that way.

Every gears game: run to cover, shoot from cover, repeat.
Gears 5 is very different from other entires in the series. Combat is more fluid and your reliance on cover mechanics is greatly reduced.
It definitely still is a "Cover Shooter", but now is much less of a "Paint By Numbers" ordeal.
Most importantly general gunplay is massively improved, maybe that's mostly due to being able to tune the deadzone on your gamepad but I feel like the fundamental effectiveness of "shooting things" is much greater, and then you get the robot assisted boost abilities for Stealth, Armor, Shield, it's almost "Crysis Lite" but you just never have the mobility of a fast paced shooter.
Overall I was impressed enough with the difficulty balance on Gears 5 to play through (at 120fps on PC) at maximum difficulty ("Insane", though my first playthrough was also in Co-op, which has it's own bugs but was still plenty fun).
There are a few points where the Swarm enemy type can be difficult to figure out but the gunplay scenarios are pretty good. Overall it was an enjoyable challenge.
On Console "I" would just avoid the Insane difficulty level (then again some people can beat DOOM Eternal Ultra Nightmare with a gamepad so there's nothing to say it can't be done, just if you're not an immaculate player then Insane won't be fun with a Gamepad).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in