[TechSpot] Halo Infinite debut is met with complaints, Microsoft blames poor stream and early build - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[TechSpot] Halo Infinite debut is met with complaints, Microsoft blames poor stream and early build

post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 03:33 PM
4k Enthusiast

Rep: 186 (Unique: 128)
Quote: Originally Posted by junglechocolate View Post
I'm not talking about graphics. I am talking about the state of Halo in general. I did not mention graphics here. It was in response to people saying the capaign is boring/not like Halo. Its always something.

ANd people have nostalgia tinted glasses on about Bungie's Halo. It had its flaws @UltraMega
I'd say people who dismiss the variety of legitimate criticisms leveled at the 343 games by attacking the fans making the criticism are far more obnoxious than the fans holding 343 to the high standards of the original trilogy which 343 has never come close to achieving.

Last edited by BigMack70; 07-25-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 04:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post
rose tinted glasses doesnt explain why halo 3 has more players currently than halo 5 does
Yes. Because they want the game to stay the way it is. The same gameplay over and over again. Yet you have people that will complain that the game is stagnant and boring.

See what I mean. its always something.
post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by BigMack70 View Post
I'd say people who dismiss the variety of legitimate criticisms leveled at the 343 games by attacking the fans making the criticism are far more obnoxious than the fans holding 343 to the high standards of the original trilogy which 343 has never come close to achieving.
No. A legit criticism is telling them Halo 5's story sucked which it did.

Not legit is hating a new story developments like we got in Halo 4. And complaining about a game staying the same when they tried to change it up and people hated it.

They even went back on their Halo 5 design to appease fans. Its not like they're not listening.

Criticism is good. I am merely stating that it doesn't seem like they can do anything right because people will complain about one thing or the other.

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 94 (Unique: 81)
Quote: Originally Posted by BigMack70 View Post
I don't believe you played halo 4 or 5 if you think this. In no world is Reach multiplayer worse than Halo 4. Same for Reach campaign vs Halo 5.
Halo 4 multiplayer was ATROCIOUS!

Halo 5 campaign was HORRIFIC!
Halo 5 multiplayer mechanics were pretty slick but maps suck.

Reach was solid

Halo 3 multiplayer on PC is currently the best multiplayer as it is buttery smooth @ 120fps

Not legit is hating a new story developments like we got in Halo 4. And complaining about a game staying the same when they tried to change it up and people hated it.

They even went back on their Halo 5 design to appease fans. Its not like they're not listening.

Criticism is good. I am merely stating that it doesn't seem like they can do anything right because people will complain about one thing or the other.
Halo 5 campaign was so bad, so absolutely bad.

Yeah like a really bad song on the radio that the station keeps repeating and repeating.
In time you find yourself tapping your foot and singing along.
It's like being programed.

Last edited by l88bastar; 07-25-2020 at 05:32 PM.
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 176 (Unique: 130)
Ugh, I hope they get that texture pop-in crap fixed before launch.

post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 05:45 PM
Raytracing <3

Rep: 0
I hate that everyone hates on Halo 4 and 5 so much. They were some of my favorites. I've played all of the Halo's, and honestly I think Halo 5 is my favorite. I really love the new guns and movement system. I thought the movement systems were really great. Sliding, boosting, clamboring, sprint, and charge were really well done and balanced. I also really enjoyed the more competitive game mode breakout and played a LOT of that with buddies. Warzone was also hella fun and brought back the awesome arcadey fun of vehicles and crazy weapons and abilities.

I don't know if it's changed much as I haven't played 5 in a long time. I haven't kept up with patches or updates.

Misinformation should be a thing of the past. This is the age of information. You are obligated to accept facts and do proper research which is readily available to all. Become better, humanity.

Last edited by DemonicTaco; 07-25-2020 at 06:51 PM.
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 06:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by DemonicTaco View Post
I hate that everyone hates on Halo 4 and 5 so much. They were some of my favorites. I've played all of the Halo's, and honestly I think Halo 5 is my favorite. I really love the new guns and movement system. I thought the movement systems were really well balanced. Sliding, boosting, clamboring, sprint, and charge were really well done and balanced. I also really enjoyed the more competitive game mode breakout and played a LOT of that with buddies. Warzone was also hella fun and brought back the awesome arcadey fun of vehicles and crazy weapons and abilities.

I don't know if it's changed much as I haven't played 5 in a long time. I haven't kept up with patches or updates.
I actually found Halo 4's story the most engrossing. But fanboys complained they made the Chief too talkative and emotional.

And don't even get me started on the amount of whinging that happened with people saying "no sprint" and movements.

Thats exactly the point I have been trying to make on this whole thread. That regardless of what 343 does, a large amount of people will complain one way or the other. The amount of venom from Halo5 (justifiable so in terms of campaign) is what made them reboot the whole thing lol

And now people are complaining that that the gameplay looks a little stale. The gfx complaints I kinda get. Personally I'm way more interested in gameplay. Its why I still enjoy Halo 2 and 3 despite the graphics being older

i7 930 @ 3.8Ghz HT
Asrock X58 Extreme 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti BE SC
Corsair RMS 750W
LG C6 4K 3D OLED 55", Potalion 1440p Korean IPS "glossy panel", Dell Ultrasharp U2515H
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 06:48 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 157 (Unique: 102)

In 4k I thought it looked good for that build.
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 06:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 139 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
I never got into Halo because I didn't have a PC in its prime time, but when I see it now, the enemy noises make me question why the devs think I'm 12? And why do grown men like this franchise so much? Nostalgia can only carry a game franchise so far.

Several generations of gamers have been formed, the games should evolve. The premise is quite nice...I think nbut it doesn't feel like it has much substance.
Halo combat is the Dark Souls of shooter campaigns.
On Legendary every Elite is your equal and it's basically a PvP deathmatch through the whole campaign, so every victory feels significant.
It's really just the Flood that ruins the experience when you do try to play through on maximum difficulty.
post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 07:37 PM
4k Enthusiast

Rep: 186 (Unique: 128)

Nobody hated on halo 4 for its story. Sure, some people didn't like it. But the hate for halo 4 and 343 were because of the godawful multiplayer in halo 4 that more or less destroyed the franchise.

And people hated on halo 5 for the godawful campaign and the fact that the game launched in an incomplete state. Plenty of people don't like the halo 5 multiplayer style but again, that wasn't the main cause of the hate.

And don't even think about making the "halo needed to change" argument. It's BS. Counterstrike has been essentially the same thing for over 20 years and is more popular than ever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in