How can I edit a movie, I want to cut out specific scenes - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

How can I edit a movie, I want to cut out specific scenes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hello, there are a lot of movies I can't watch with my family due to nudity, there is this movie where they show you tits only once in the movie so how can I cut that out? which software can I use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 148 (Unique: 126)
I personally use Adobe After Effects and it's a beast. It can do pretty much everything you want it to. It just takes a little time to get used to the UI and all that.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 19)
easy way is windows move maker live....

not the best but it has always gotten the job down in a very EASY way for my noobish video edits... I've made custom DVD menus and my own videos with my own sound
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
I have a friend who has one of these dvd players and they love it.

https://www.clearplay.com/

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 116 (Unique: 109)
Windows movie maker will do it for you; but you may have to convert the format back to avi (for example) afterwards.

After Effects is a) expensive b) difficult to use.

I had a go with it to try to do some simple work on a home video. After an hour I was almost in tears trying to understand how it works. I use Photoshop daily, but the knowledge doesn't carry over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy_101 go_quote.gif
Your thought's are fine and valued. Doesn't mean you have to say them.
Challenge Accepted
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 148 (Unique: 126)
Quote:
Originally Posted by makecoldplayhistory View Post

Windows movie maker will do it for you; but you may have to convert the format back to avi (for example) afterwards.
After Effects is a) expensive b) difficult to use.
I had a go with it to try to do some simple work on a home video. After an hour I was almost in tears trying to understand how it works. I use Photoshop daily, but the knowledge doesn't carry over.

For something as simple as cutting a movie like the OP wants to do is not really "difficult to use". There's tons of videos on YouTube that show you how to cut parts of a movie and it's quite easy to do. If he wants to cut parts of a movie, he will then have to compile the movie afterwards which Windows movie maker is terrible at because it compresses the video so much that it looks awful. AE is good at compiling videos without affecting the quality too much. He can download the trial and play with it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 116 (Unique: 109)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post

For something as simple as cutting a movie like the OP wants to do is not really "difficult to use". There's tons of videos on YouTube that show you how to cut parts of a movie and it's quite easy to do. If he wants to cut parts of a movie, he will then have to compile the movie afterwards which Windows movie maker is terrible at because it compresses the video so much that it looks awful. AE is good at compiling videos without affecting the quality too much. He can download the trial and play with it.

I'm sure what you've said is true but it feels a little like recommending Photoshop to rotate an image!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy_101 go_quote.gif
Your thought's are fine and valued. Doesn't mean you have to say them.
Challenge Accepted
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Personally I use both Adobe After Effects and Camtasia for all my video edits wink.gif

Again for easiest to use GUI stick with the free Windows movie maker, it's as basic as they come, but still gets results wink.gif

Simply load film file eg: AVI MP4 etc etc .. then find the offending image you wish to move, delete it .. and render film save as ( AVI , MP4, MPEG 4, etc etc .. )
watch and enjoy smile.gif

For best results use custom save settings to really tailor the sound and video reproduction quality for your video.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Watched a movie called Lucky Number Slevin with my family, massive sex scene, full nudity at around 19min FAIL
It was the only sex scene in the entire movie, I don't see why it is necessary and it was Slevin describing the 3 problems he encountered, I mean like it was not necessary at all frown.gif From now on I'll just read parental guidelines on IMDb before watching, to avoid suck awkward moments smile.gif
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:45 PM

Hello,
If you only want to cut some parts of a movie out, I think Joyoshare Media Cutter might be your best choice becuase it's fast and without re-encoding, thus no original quality will be lost. You can give it a try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in