Help me pick a logo for my website!!! (POLL) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Help me pick a logo for my website!!! (POLL)

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 88 (Unique: 70)
I've engaged 99Designs to help me get develop a logo for my new website.

Overall it has been a great experience and its amazing how poor my Photoshop skills are when compared to these guys.

All the contributors have done an awesome job! However, Its time to pick the one winner!

Please help me by taking the time to do the poll! Thanks

https://99designs.com.au/logo-design/vote-9g3rb7

Epson 4k Projector + 135" Cinemascope Screen - Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 - 5960X - ASUS X99 DELUXE - SLI TITAN X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Rig Winner

Rep: 315 (Unique: 220)
I rated the first one the highest, 5*

Looks great!

wubsmiley.gif OCN changed my life wubsmiley.gif

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 154 (Unique: 132)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)
I'd say that I like the third one the best, I like how it would give you a logo and a word mark. The one you ended up picking is another one that I like as well. I'm not sure how those contests work, but make sure you get the raw file from the designer, if you just get rasterized images you'll be screwed when it comes to resizing/making changes. Hopefully they weren't made with Photoshop, Illustrator is a lot better for making vector graphics. It's probably a combination of the two programs.

As a side note I know that tons of designers despise 99designs since it really devalues their work. It says that you received 365 logo concepts for $299, that's less than a dollar a logo ^^ I'm indifferent to the whole idea, you get lots of work for cheap, but you give up getting to communicate and direct the design process of the client. As well as their is incentive for designers to crank out massive amounts of work without much thought so you most likely aren't getting their best work.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 02:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Voted, first was my fave. thumb.gif

@HordeWeServe

ForTheHorde (Facebook)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 03:20 AM

My votes go to these two.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBoy View Post

I'd say that I like the third one the best, I like how it would give you a logo and a word mark. The one you ended up picking is another one that I like as well. I'm not sure how those contests work, but make sure you get the raw file from the designer, if you just get rasterized images you'll be screwed when it comes to resizing/making changes. Hopefully they weren't made with Photoshop, Illustrator is a lot better for making vector graphics. It's probably a combination of the two programs.

As a side note I know that tons of designers despise 99designs since it really devalues their work. It says that you received 365 logo concepts for $299, that's less than a dollar a logo ^^ I'm indifferent to the whole idea, you get lots of work for cheap, but you give up getting to communicate and direct the design process of the client. As well as their is incentive for designers to crank out massive amounts of work without much thought so you most likely aren't getting their best work.

I strongly agree with what PurdueBoy has stated. Having direct contact to a graphic designer is crucial and the reason why in most cases individuals hire a single artists with whom they discuss how the required graphical content will look and in what formats it will be needed before the actual design process. After buying a logotype concept from 99designs you cant really make any adjustments to the concept as you do not have direct contact to the artist behind the work. Logotypes require a lot of readjustments before they are finalized and then at the final phase the logotype must be then provided in all the required formats. Communication is an important aspect when doing business with a graphic designer.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 AM
DTR Enthusiast

Rep: 141 (Unique: 121)
I voted five stars for the first one the moment I laid my eyes on it. thumb.gif

Funny quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifatech2120 go_quote.gif

Don't use software to overclock the CPU. It's not as reliable or as effective. Take off the skirt and go into the BIOS like a man.
Clubs (Click to show)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 03:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 28)
Voted for the first, hope you've gotten enough data to make a decision!

I'm not the Devil, just his Waffle...
exclamation.gifASUS Crosshair III Formula Clubexclamation.gif
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 12:02 AM

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
i like design number #315 by Jayarud and #319 by RGB_™ i thinks its suite for website logo.

Best-spinner.com Free Article Rewriter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in