Overclock.net banner

Resize Gif - Possible?

908 views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  Cybertox 
#1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone is able to resize the following .gif image down to 64 x 64 pixels at a file size lower than 50 KB, and without making the image look squished or flaky.
I've attempted myself, but it always turns out as washed out or completely incomprehensible.

The background can be black if that helps managing the file size. The sides also need to be cropped as they're not all equal.

Link to image: https://i.imgur.com/vIxbK4v.gif

Hope someone's able to help.
thumb.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Here you go:

5zCe9LP.gif
Looks perfect! Do you think there's a way to get the file size under 50 KB?
If need be, you're welcome to change the background to black, to help lowering the file size.

#6 ·
Looks good, I was wondering if making the background completely black would eliminate those pixelated frames in the coloring.

By the way, thanks a lot for trying!
smile.gif

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkheios View Post

Looks good, I was wondering if making the background completely black would eliminate those pixelated frames in the coloring.

By the way, thanks a lot for trying!
smile.gif
Not really, whats taking up space is mostly the amount of frames, not the background. Plus, I cant be bothered to revise the background for each of those frames
tongue.gif

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post

Not really, whats taking up space is mostly the amount of frames, not the background. Plus, I cant be bothered to revise the background for each of those frames
tongue.gif
That's understandable, thank you for your help!
smile.gif

#10 ·
I played around in Photoshop with the first version you made, and apparently it had two loops going, instead of just one.
I removed all the frames from the duplicate loop, and reduced the exposure offset, which completely removed the background.

With this I managed to get the file size below 50 KB, without any pixelation. Yay!
smile.gif

Result:

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkheios View Post

I played around in Photoshop with the first version you made, and apparently it had two loops going, instead of just one.
I removed all the frames from the duplicate loop, and reduced the exposure offset, which completely removed the background.

With this I managed to get the file size below 50 KB, without any pixelation. Yay!
smile.gif

Result:
Well done
thumb.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.