Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - sourceGL: RInput launcher + more for CS:GO/TF2
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter
VolsAndJezuz
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 95 (Unique: 53)
EDIT: All new versions will now be released at the official site - http://sourcegl.sourceforge.net

button.png

What is RInput?
RInput is a program made by a programmer that goes by abort, that reads the raw input data from your mouse and feeds it directly to the cursor/crosshair position in game. It serves as an alternative to in-game raw input or allows for raw input in games that lack it. For games that have a raw input option, it should be turned off for RInput to work (m_rawinput 0 for Source games).

Why use RInput?
I believe the main issue with Source's m_rawinput 1, even though it collects true raw input data, is how it is buffered by the game. I've read somewhere before where someone who knew a lot more about it than me was talking about how it was related to m_rawinput 1 having poor time-stamping of the raw input data in relation to the framerate, so the buffering can be quite variable in comparison to the way frame-rendering is buffered. At sufficiently high refresh rates and FPS, this tends to make mouse movement feel 'disconnected' in a strange way with what you are seeing on screen. Many players including myself find using RInput (without an fps_max cap) to be better performing than Source's raw input implementation.

What is digital vibrance?
Digital vibrance is an NVIDIA option that is subtly different from a straight saturation adjustment. It can be best explained as something like, digital vibrance is the intelligent saturation (when increased) or desaturation (when decreased) of the display image on a pixel-by-pixel basis, based on a given pixel's original saturation value.

Why change digital vibrance?
Digital vibrance can be more useful for certain gaming situations than a plain scaled saturation adjustment because it will decrease the dynamic range of saturation for a given image, which can help make certain colors and shades more noticeable relative to their environment when compared to the unaltered image. As an example, for DV @ 100%, both Ts and CTs stand out much more to my eyes against the brown/yellow backgrounds and floor on Dust 2.

Is it VAC safe?
In a word, yes. But see the README for a longer discussion on VAC.

sourceGL software
CS:GO and TF2 sensitivity - 1 @ 850DPI, 48.9cm per 360°
baby boy
(22 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz - de-lidded (w/ ROCKIT COOL Copper IHS)
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified @ 1532MHz core, 4192MHz memory
RAM
OCZ Reaper HPC 2GB [x4] @ 2400MHz, 8-12-8-28 1T
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 256GB [x2]
Optical Drive
Lite-On DL-8A4SH
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova PS 1000W
Cooling
Cooler Master Nepton 140XL [x2] (w/ EK-Vardar F3-140ER fans)
Cooling
Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound
Cooling
Fujipoly ModRight Extreme thermal pads
Case
SilverStone Fortress FT05B
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (w/ NVIDIA Driver 399.24)
Monitor
BenQ XL2411Z 24" @ 144Hz
Keyboard
Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate (w/ MX Green modifiers and PBT keycaps)
Mouse
Logitech G900 - de-braided and de-battery'd (w/ Hotline Games Master feet)
Mousepad
Logitech G640 3mm
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX II (w/ UNi modded driver)
Audio
beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones (w/ AntLion ModMic 4.0)
Audio
Blue Sky eXo 160W 2.1 studio monitors
Other
Solarflare SFN6122F network adapter
Other
MikroTik RouterBoard RB751G-2HnD
Other
CyberPower 1350AVR UPS
▲ hide details ▲