Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - FIX: AHCI/SATA drives showing in "Safely Remove Hardware"

View Single Post
post #45 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 06:25 PM
lilturk726
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralger View Post

So I was in the same boat as others here and the registry tweak was not working for me. Like another poster earlier, I too have an AsRock Z77 motherboard.

I found this little work-around and haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I'll post it here in the hopes that it helps someone with the same problem I had. Basically there is an option under your ASmedia Sata Controller properties that let's you straight up disable this functionality. Just go in there and un-check the box:

Thank you. I tried the OP but it didn't work for me, maybe because the Extreme 4 has the two Sata 3 ports that I'm using listed as A0 and A1? IDK, either way thanks for the post.

i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz | Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme w/ two Noctua NF-F12's | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 8gb Corsair Vengeance RAM | Asus 780ti DC2O | Corsair CX750M | Segate Barracuda 2tb | SanDisk Extreme 128gb | LG BD-ROM | Four Noctua NF-S12A's | Intel Gigabit Ethernet NIC |Corsair Vengeance Black | Asus 24" 1080p Monitor | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Astro A40