Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - FIX: AHCI/SATA drives showing in "Safely Remove Hardware"

View Single Post
post #46 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 03:56 AM
Joygasm
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0t3m View Post

Hi, i think this necropost could help other people, if you have a Marvell controller (91xx) and you cannot find the Policies tab (on Windows 8.1 the driver installs itself correctly but the tab is not visible) you can fix the problem editing the registry in this way:

- Open regedit
- Go to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Class -> {4d36e97b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
- Add a new string value with name "EnumPropPages32" and Value Data "mv91xxm.dll,ESATAPortPropPageProvider"

OMG I've been pulling my hair out for 6 hours now trying to get my 10 drives off the remove list. You sir win the internet! thumb.gif

EDIT: This solution killed 2 birds with one stone. I had 10 drives with code 10 error under device manager/portable Devices, because they were mounted as ntfs mount points instead of drive letters? They are now gone, I am error free! Thanks again!