Forum Jump: 

video recording

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
video recording

Hi,

I do hope this is posted in the correct forum

I'm looking into taking initial steps in setting up a system for recording my own video tutorials for personal use instead of note writing etc......

From what I've read Adobe Premiere is about the best there is but there is also SONY Vegas Pro. Other users have sworn once they've used Adobe they never go back.

I'm not keen on the subscription charge per se as it'd add up but on the other hand to buy the software outright (rights to use) would cost 800 £$E which is also a lot of money.

Are files recorded in Vegas Pro also compatible with Adobe if someone decided to switch from one to the other?

My requirements would be the ability to use more than one machine (not at the same time)_or maybe several machines to record on > and then transfer files to the "VIDEO" machine to render.

I've not done any of this yet so I don't know the ropes so any advice is welcome (too right!)

I'd use one of my FX8350's to start off with as I don't expect any files to be longer than 5 minutes or so and 32 GB DDR3 could be used.

A decent webcam would be needed (advice please)_small and ball-ish---with a good enough microphone__preferably not a huge condenser (large diaphram)____

Adobe seems to be able to be activated on one or two machines, this is OK for the "VIDEO" machine but I may have 4/5/6 other machines that I'd need to be able to record my own short tutorials capturing the software that I'm working on and turning it into a video.

I suppose it may be possible to record a file on one machine ---then ---transfer to another machine to render?????

Any advice please ---as I'm new to this but with some good advice it won't be problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
For non-professionals like me who don't have many technical skills, a simple screen recorder can meet my needs for recording video tutorials, capturing streaming movies and more. Frankly, Song Vegas is advanced one, which is expensive as you said and the functions are complex for me. The tool I use from Joyoshare can ideally help to record with no time limit, no watermark and in high quality. It's enough for me.

Last edited by YumeYi; 07-29-2020 at 11:24 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 11:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
I was expecting a thread on 12k ursa minis and how they stack up

In terms of webcams it really depends what you are doing. Higher res and more FPS are obviously better, a stereo mike can be a good feature but only if you are using the built in mic. Auto focus and face tracking can also be handy if you are streaming or blogging but you would need t read reviews to tell whether they work properly or not in a particular camera. Tl&DR the "best" webcam is very application specific.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in