Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - * * Ways to Better Cooling; Airflow, Cooler & Fan Data..*

View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Dwhite311988
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I had recently purchased an Air 540 in Arctic White to do my black/white (mostly white) themed build. I am running an Asus Mark S Sabertooth with the Avexir Sabranco limited edition ram sticks and a Galax GTX 980 Hall of Fame gpu. I know some of that seems irrelevant, but I kind of wanted to give an idea on the theme I have going on here before I ask my questions. I was wondering which black/white fans would be optimal for my case? I am trying to further understand your guides to help choose and set up my fans. Also, I would like a matching cpu cooler that will still allow me to show off my blinking white LED lights on the ram without sacrificing cooling performance? I hear that the mounts for the front intake on the air 540 can slightly restrict the airflow when using two 140mm fans instead of 3 120mm fans. As far as cpu cooler goes, I know there is a Dark Knight II Frostbourne Edition that seems like it may fit well with my theme - http://www.techpowerup.com/180801/xigmatek-dark-knight-frostbourne-edition-cpu-cooler-announced.html. Any suggestions on case fan choice/setup would be greatly appreciated. What is your opinion on the Aerocool Dead Silence case fans? I am also considering the TY-147A fans. I live in the United States, but I don't mind having anything shipped from overseas. Thanks in advance!