Overclock.net banner

Corsair 200R and HDD noise

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  karmablah 
#1 ·
Hello, my case is the Corsair 200R. My CPU and fans are silent, but the problem is my 3TB hard disk. It is installed in the hard disk bay as shown in the picture (not the actual photo). There are no screws to hold the disk in place, just the plastic clips.
The noise is very annoying however (it makes the whole case vibrate), if I move the case a bit the noise stops but starts again after a while. My case is on this floor stand. I can't find a way to dampen the noise. I was thinking of putting some thin absorber sheets between the hdd case and the disk itself, but as you can see in the picture there's no space to fit them.
Can someone suggest a cheap way of getting rid of the noise?
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
most of the tool-less bays have ways to remove the plastic that makes them tool-less. remove them and remount it with rubber dampeners/washers between the HDD and the case.

if your case has some janky tool-less system that isn't removable, move the drive to a 5.25 bay because looking at the picture those are definitely removable. you can buy decent 5.25 to 3.5 adapters for relatively cheap.

#3 ·
If you look closely, the drive trays actually have two spots to screw in the HDD. I recommend you use the thinner #6-32 UNC screws included with the case for this (I've built over well over 500+ systems with this case).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.