Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

View Single Post
post #605 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter
Laithan
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Yeah, I'm looking to disable boost and raise the voltage as high as possible.

So you recommend matching the setting of my modded bios with the one you posted in the op?

Also, I'm looking to keep the voltage constant as long as the card is in p0 state (3d)

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

edit: I set the power limit to ridiculously high amount so that I won't hit any tdp limit whatsoever, I know under the worst conditions the card won't really consume 350w but it's just a peace of mind

Ok I see, if you are looking to disable boost we should ask DeathAngel74, Perhaps we can get a gigabyte BIOS version with BOOST disabled as a reference, I have had someone else recently ask for this.

As far as copying the BIOS values, they won't result in disabling boost as you'd like but it would get you the other tweaks that have been tested to work well. You could then disable boost after you copy them over so you know you are working with tested values. You can also use K-Boost from EVGA PrecisionX (and yes you can get it to work in MSI Afterburner also) to force your card to run at boost speeds despite GPU load without having to do this in the BIOS. Maxwell was really designed to boost and it works well with a tweaked BIOS tongue.gif I know there are some games that just don't trigger BOOST because they don't push the GPU enough to make it boost.. I think that's the claim to fame with K Boost.

PS. I got my 980's to consume around 385W smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside