Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

View Single Post
post #610 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
Laithan
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 501 (Unique: 266)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leakydog View Post

Great :-) sorry, I don't know what "TDR" exactly means, but if it crashed after demo ended in case you didn't set "loop", then it's normal, but you say that your demo crashed in time when it's running, right? so you are probably right and I was using wrong benchmark whole the time :-)

thumb.gif

"Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR)

TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card.

Before TDR existed, problems of this nature would have resulted in a system freeze and required a reboot of the operating system. If TDR is enabled and you see the TDR error message, "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered," this means that the Windows operating system reset the display driver.
"

M$ (Click to show)
And I still need to reboot 98% of the time smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside