Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Hawaii Bios Editing ( 290 / 290X / 295X2 / 390 / 390X )

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
gupsterg
Meddling user

Rep: 730 (Unique: 342)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodin10k View Post

Did you have to raise volts at all?

The Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X I own seems to have default +31mV GPU core voltage, ASIC rating is 76.9% IIRC.

Originally the OC settings of 1100MHz / 1500MHz were stable at stock voltage, then I did see some artifacts in a long 2hr gaming session frown.gif .

Last night testing showed 1090MHz /1550MHz at stock (+31mV) was stable, 1100MHz / 1525MHz was also stable with +44mV in MSI AB.

I flashed back stock clock bios as need to get a feel for the card's OC capabilities, I have only owned this card 5 days and not had much time to try things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by long99x View Post

how to edit the gpu voltage ?

This is trickier and more complex from information someone said to me. There maybe a route to workout how this is done, there is a collection of bioses on the web with varying gpu core voltage, now if someone compared each bios with each one in the collection they maybe able to work out how it is done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTOrM41 View Post

nice work, now i dont have to translate it into english thumb.gif

Thank you for viewing and thank you for taking time to write it in the first place thumb.gif .