Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

View Single Post
post #1233 of (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter
Laithan
Maximum_Unleashed

Rep: 500 (Unique: 265)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post

Is it possible that the voltage goes a bit too high and causes some Throttling?

under load my voltage goes to 1.274 and just stays there no matter the clock, but when the GPU is 100% in Firestrorm it would never stay at 1504 and throttle down.

GTX 980 TI G1 GPU.

I can't use sli yet since when i start a benchmark with my sli active the pc immediatly shutdown.... my 1000W psu is not enough. I got a 1200W comming.

Hi Thanks for the feedback!

No SLI with 1000W, bummer you have to wait.. You might get away with SLI with the STOCK BIOS though if you want to go back to stock until it comes in.

As far as the voltage throttling, I suppose that it is possible however we haven't really heard of that with this BIOS. We we did before we got the BIOS unlocked in the ALPHA stages but all the logs posted (and there's a bunch from V1/V2BETA in this thread back some pages) didn't show any throttling at all actually. tongue.gif

If you had your POWER % slider maxxed during your tests (if not, do it and re-test) then my guess is that you could possibly have a "low quality" power supply and under heavy loads it is getting stressed too much and not able to provide "CLEAN POWER". It is not uncommon for odd results to be seen with lower quality power supplies and power variations.

It appears that the 980Ti G1 can be QUITE POWER HUNGRY when using a modified BIOS, overclocking and under load. It will be interesting to see your results with the new PS! smile.gif

GIGABYTE GTX 9xx G1 GAMING BIOS Tweaking
  ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=༼ຈل͜ຈ༽=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿  
░▒▓│ FORKAY‼ «  » WΘΘT ‼ │▓▒░
Xeon E5-1680 V2 (IVY-E) Inside