Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - GIGABYTE GTX 9xx H2O/AIR BIOS Tweaking ?(ô?ô)?

View Single Post
post #1528 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 05:11 PM
bigjdubb
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 211 (Unique: 133)
I did a little testing and it turns out I get the same temperature benefits if I leave the side of the case on and just point the fan under my desk. I think my issue is all of the hot air that is getting trapped under my desk once I have been playing for a little while. All of that hot air is being sucked in by the intake fans and blown right back into the case. I have a poor set up, large desk, in a corner, exterior walls and 100 degrees outside. When I am gaming it is hot as hell under my desk and 75 degrees above it. So I have pulled my desk away from the walls a bit to help the hot air escape and I aimed the fan under my desk to help circulate cooler room air in and hot case exhaust out.

I will see how this helps. I just recently got this case and have yet to sort out the airflow situation in it because I am planning to make the jump to a custom loop and didn't want to buy fans twice.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB