Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Various] Ashes of the Singularity DX12 Benchmarks

View Single Post
post #1202 of (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 12:40 PM
ku4eto
Top kek

Rep: 109 (Unique: 65)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomTaco View Post

By all means correct me if I'm wrong but there's a few things I don't understand. For starters are these theories based on the single Ashes of the Singularity benchmark? IIRC the game was developed with AMD helping the dev out. Would it be crazy to assume there were choices made that specifically improved performance for AMD? I'm not saying they necessarily actively made choices that hampered NVIDIA intentionally or even directly, but if true I'd assume some choices made would specifically benefit AMD while not helping, or potentially hurting NVIDIA hardware. Assuming this is all still based on Ashes alone, that's a single engine. There's at least half a dozen other engines out there that either have dx12 support or have it coming that are not necessarily going to behave the same way, so doesn't it seem a bit too early to draw any conclusions based on a sample size of 1?
The game uses DirectX12 and makes fine use of the Asynchronous computing. This are the benefits for AMD. For nVidia , the only benefit is the DirectX12 more or less. They have not done anything to hinder both AMD and nVidia.

Previous Hardware:
Spoiler!
Desktop PC
(19 items)
CPU
AMD FX-8320
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ RX480
GPU
XFX RX470 Singlefan