All intake and no "dedicated" exhaust?! - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

All intake and no "dedicated" exhaust?!

post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Retired Reviewer

Rep: 1372 (Unique: 855)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD4ME View Post

People who have never studied gas flow or actually measured airflow like to argue even when their POV is proven to conflict with reality.

One scientific test is of more value than 1000 meritless opinions. That's why I recommend those who want to learn factual information regarding PC case airflow, perform tests on their specific hardware to see exactly what works for them and ignore the pointless debates by those who prefer to argue even when they have no technical understanding of the subject matter.

Hear Hear. Data beats theory every time.

OP, building a custom case means you can dispense with slot pillars -- those swatches of sheet metal between the back slots. You can build it with no rear grill, so the air can gently blow out the back. Or you can build it with no top grills -- or anything else you like.

I don't recommend positive pressure cases, but I do recommend positive flow cases.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehume View Post

Hear Hear. Date beats theory every time.

OP, building a custom case means you can dispense with slot pillars -- those swatches of sheet metal between the back slots. You can build it with no rear grill, so the air can gently blow out the back. Or you can build it with no top grills -- or anything else you like.

I don't recommend positive pressure cases, but I do recommend positive flow cases.

Lol I may add a back grill or some 60mm fans but that's it. And the holes on the back are not going to change. They will be closed off unless being used and they are a tight fit against the gpu since the back panel is flat

post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 AM

ANTEC LANBOY AIR

/THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 238 (Unique: 214)
dont have grills, and don't have tiny fans, thats pointless and may actually be worse just let your tower heat sink fans point towards your rear case hole cutout with no grill and let the exhaust itself.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
I'm making the case, those options don't really work for me. Like I said il do 3 intake off the rad and 2 exhaust off the top and maybe the psu will help a bit.

post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 94)
Heat rises you need a form of exhaust no matter what. You don't wanna create negativity pressure in the case.

DONATE IN HONOR OF SYRILLIAN
: : The Official Corsair H50/H70/H100 Hydro Series Club : :

NZXT Phantom 820 Club[/CENTER]
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 90 (Unique: 79)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Heat rises you need a form of exhaust no matter what. You don't wanna create negativity pressure in the case.

You guys make it seem like somebody's talking about putting intake fans on every possible opening rolleyes.gif

And "negative" pressure would be from more exhaust fans than intake.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 238 (Unique: 214)
ehume's thread regarding case airflow showed you don't need a dedicated case exhaust fan, you can use the fan from the back of a cpu cooler to blow it out, or if you have a rad you can just use the rad to blow out
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

kookoo.gifdoh.gif
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 73 (Unique: 70)
its pretty logical that with open pci-e slots and other grill-type openings in most cases, and dedicated exhaust isnt required. But if you have air being pushed in from 5 different dirrections, poor air flow would be an understatement. just push the air in one general direction with 4 fans and exhaust the last

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in