post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
There are four cables on this fan, which are:-

Blue
black
green
yellow

can anyone tell me which cable does what?

Regards
attamans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 795 (Unique: 452)
http://pinouts.ru/Motherboard/mb_pwm_fan_pinout.shtml
1 GND Ground black
2 +12V Fan Power yellow
3 SIGNAL Fan RPM green
4 PWM Digital Control blue

Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
Upload the computer to Dropbox and provide a link to it so others may download it to examine and give advice for repairs.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for your post, unfortunately the Yateloon fan fitted to the AX1200 is a non standard wired fan, it also has a micro 4 pin plug on the end of the wire. I have just replaced it with a Akasa viper PWM 140mm fan, and it's running very quietly. I did it by cutting the wire of the Yateloon fan and soldered a 4 pin extension cable, making an adapter cable for use with any 4 or 3 pin fan. If anyone is interested in doing the same here's correct wiring:-

extension cable______________yateloon cable

black ______________________black
yellow______________________green
green______________________yellow
blue________________________blue

Please be aware that sometime extension wires come in the following colours:-

black______________________black
red________________________green
yellow_____________________yellow
blue_______________________blue

I hope this post will help with anyone who is thinking about replacing the noisey yateloon fan. Be warned you will lose your warranty on your AX1200 and you must be careful in handling any PC PSU, as it may still hold a charge high enough to kill you, even hours after, when not plug into the mains!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Helooo
Boys you save the day thx thx thx thx, I replaced the fan with Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPRO PK-PS in ax1200 and works. I must loaded psu, to see if fan work like original.

thxxx smile.gif
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hi, glad to help out, the noise from that yateloon fan can drive any person crazy. I have been running my PC, for the last three days without problems on the Akasa Viper, hope that will be the case for you on the Noiseblocker fan.

Best Regards
attamans.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by attamans View Post

Thanks for your post, unfortunately the Yateloon fan fitted to the AX1200 is a non standard wired fan, it also has a micro 4 pin plug on the end of the wire. I have just replaced it with a Akasa viper PWM 140mm fan, and it's running very quietly. I did it by cutting the wire of the Yateloon fan and soldered a 4 pin extension cable, making an adapter cable for use with any 4 or 3 pin fan. If anyone is interested in doing the same here's correct wiring:-

extension cable______________yateloon cable

black ______________________black
yellow______________________green
green______________________yellow
blue________________________blue

Please be aware that sometime extension wires come in the following colours:-

black______________________black
red________________________green
yellow_____________________yellow
blue_______________________blue

I hope this post will help with anyone who is thinking about replacing the noisey yateloon fan. Be warned you will lose your warranty on your AX1200 and you must be careful in handling any PC PSU, as it may still hold a charge high enough to kill you, even hours after, when not plug into the mains!

I would like to say BIG thanks to attamans for this post as it help me dealing with the crappy Yate Loon D14BH-12 fan fitted to the AX1200.

Since water cooling my PC i notice a strange high pitched buzzing noise after a through investigation I concluded that it was coming from the Yate Loon D14BH-12 fan fitted inside the Corsair Ax1200.

I could not live with live with this noise and took the plunge knowing that it would void my warranty but I live far away and to ship it back to Cosair for replacement will probably cost me a ton and the replacement would be still fitted the crappy Yate Loon D14BH-12 fan.

Fan removed warranty void !!!

No turning back now !!!

I went for Noctua's new NF-A14 FLX as I am using a push pull config on my top rad Hardware Labs Black Ice GT Xtreme 280mm, these fans are silent and give great airflow.

Hopefully these two will make a great combo.

Now for the tricky bit the wiring.

I used attamans wiring diagram hoping I would not receive a large BANG!!! once I hit the power switch remembering that I have just voided my warranty.

My new loop consisted of the low noise adaptor from Noctua's NF-F12 PWM fan Part no NA-RC8 which has means if needed I could replace the NF-A14 FLX with any other PWM 14cm fan or use a standard 3 pin version.

I had tested the Noctua NF-A14 FLX with the adaptor prior fitting and the fan run at just under 950 rpms approx which was super silent but still producing decent air flow.

A closer look, note wiring as per attamans spec.

Ok... so far so good now for the rebuild.

Everthing went back together as easy as it came apart.

From another angle.

Fitted to PC.

The end result my PC is now uber silent with no more high pitched buzzing noise. Temps have remained the same as before I changed the fan and after 3 weeks of gaming sessions up 5 hours long I have not had a single problem.

Again I would like to BIG thanks to attamans and OC net for sharing the info.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Thanks for the guide! I'm thinking of going the same route and voiding the warranty. For those who have switched out their fans, have you since run into any issues?
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hi, I have had no issues to report since replacing the Yate loon D14BH-12 fan. My Corsair AX1200 psu is running without any problems on the Akasa Viper 140mm PWM since my original post. You have to remember that the D14BH-12 is a 7 bladed fan, whilst the Viper is a 9 bladed fan which means it should be more efficient, also the AX1200 have a myriad of protection systems built in to prevent overheat and such, non have kicked in since I replaced the D14BH-12. My AX1200 is powering the following component's:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T processor 3.31 GHz
Asus Sabretooth motherboard
2X Gigabyte 6770 graphics cards
32GB DDR3 memory
2TB Hard drive
4TB Hard drive
10x Case & CPU fans
Pioneer Blu ray writer
Asus DVD writer

I run my computer upwards of 10 plus hours each day, and temperatures have remain the same as before replacement of the D14BH-12. The only thing that is different since I got rid of the Yate Loon is the noise, no more buzzing sounds from the computer, which was very noticeable when I used the computer at night. I am also using a Demciflex 140mm filter on the Ax1200 to stop as much dust from getting inside as possible and also using Belkin Cube surge protector. You have to think of the risk of voiding the warranty against having to live with the noise produced from the D14BH-12 fan, I myself have no regrets, 7 years with that buzzing sound would have driven me crazy!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Hi

I have had no issues also.

As Attamans said temps has remains the same if not cooler and more to the point pc is now super silent.

Just remember to follow the wiring guide from Attamans(hope my pics help).

I use a 4 pin extension cable meaning I could use any 14cms PWM fan or a standard 3 pin 14cms fan.

Like Attamans i have no regrets.

Hope this helps and good luck..
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
thanx for this realy nice Guide.
I changed the Fan from my Corsair AX1200i with the Akasa but now the fan still turns with 540 rpm in passiv mode.
when i Change to aktive mode in the Software it runs at 740 by 40% and 1700 by 100%. So i think it should be correct connected.
What can i do that the fan is also passiv like the orginal one ? Must i take a Fan with a higher starting voltage ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in