Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power - Page 87 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #861 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:28 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
upgraditus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 201
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by homestyle View Post
I’m attaching this cooler to an asrock x570 taichi and 3700x

How does this perform with 3700x?

Is ram clearance an issue or is this thin enough not to cause comparability issues?
Unsure how the power does but the standard is good so in theory you should fare even better. Low profile RAM like my Ballistix Sport LT fits under so no issues in any config, taller heatspreaders? = dual channel no issue, quad channel might foul slot A1.

= Ryzen 7 3700X 4.3GHz @ 1.3v / Thermalright TS140 BW / Prime X470-Pro / 16GB Crucial BSLT 3733 MT/s cl16 / 1080Ti Amp Extreme 2GHz @ 0.987v / Aerocool Project7 P650 / Fractal Define XL =
upgraditus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #862 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
doyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 25,552
Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Quote: Originally Posted by homestyle View Post
I’m attaching this cooler to an asrock x570 taichi and 3700x

How does this perform with 3700x?

Is ram clearance an issue or is this thin enough not to cause comparability issues?
Center CPU to near side of RAM socket is about 52mm so it will be tight. Depends on how tall RAM is. Can always mount fan on back of cooler pulling air through. Make sure case has enough CPU clearance for it's 171mm height.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
doyll is offline  
post #863 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 02:46 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
homestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,902
Rep: 89 (Unique: 81)
What kind of improvement should I see going from stock wraith prism cooker on 3700x to this true cooler?

homestyle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #864 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 03:00 PM
⤷ αC
 
AlphaC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,177
Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
At least 10 degree drop based off older Ryzen result
https://www.computerbase.de/2019-08/...l-standardtakt

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list


AlphaC is offline  
post #865 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:22 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
homestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,902
Rep: 89 (Unique: 81)
What fan does this come with? And what is the minimum fan speed? I bought off amazon and description says ty-147 which has 900 min rpm. But the thermalright website says this comes with ty-147a which has 300 min rpm.

That is a large delta.

homestyle is offline  
post #866 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Abula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Guatemala
Posts: 555
Rep: 38 (Unique: 33)
Quote: Originally Posted by homestyle View Post
What fan does this come with? And what is the minimum fan speed? I bought off amazon and description says ty-147 which has 900 min rpm. But the thermalright website says this comes with ty-147a which has 300 min rpm.
My TS140P came with TY147, but if newer batches come with TY147A which has 300rpm min.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermalright TY-147  PWM.png
Views:	19
Size:	554.6 KB
ID:	293764  


GAME - Intel i9 9900K | AsRock Z390 Tachi | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus RTX2080Ti Strix | Samsung 970Pro 1TB + Samsung 860Pro 4TB
SIM - Intel i7 8700K | AsRock Z370 ITX/AC | Corsair 16GB DDR3000 | MSI RTX2080ti Duke | AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
SB - Intel i9 7940X | AsRock X299 Fatal1ty | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus GTX1660Ti
WS - AMD 1950X | AsRock X399 Taichi | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | 9271-8i 22TB Raid6 | Intel 900p 480GB

Last edited by Abula; 09-05-2019 at 09:29 PM.
Abula is online now  
post #867 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
doyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 25,552
Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Quote: Originally Posted by Abula View Post
My TS140P came with TY147, but if newer batches come with TY147A which has 300rpm min.
It would be nice if they made a black/white 600-1500rpm like black/red TY-149A .. even better 600-1800rpm like black/red TY-143B that comes on Silver Arrow T8 but in black/white. Idling at 300rpm is kinda worthless to me because at 600rom it is so quiet you have your ear so close to the impeller it might get hit. to hear fan anyway.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
doyll is offline  
post #868 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:48 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
upgraditus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 201
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
It would be nice if they made a black/white 600-1500rpm like black/red TY-149A .. even better 600-1800rpm like black/red TY-143B that comes on Silver Arrow T8 but in black/white. Idling at 300rpm is kinda worthless to me because at 600rom it is so quiet you have your ear so close to the impeller it might get hit. to hear fan anyway.
With a chain of 3 (Intake->HS->exhaust) I can certainly hear them from ~1m at 600, it's not loud obviously but not silent either. At 300 with the case panel on they are below room background noise level (very low at night), I find 300-1000 perfect for my needs.

= Ryzen 7 3700X 4.3GHz @ 1.3v / Thermalright TS140 BW / Prime X470-Pro / 16GB Crucial BSLT 3733 MT/s cl16 / 1080Ti Amp Extreme 2GHz @ 0.987v / Aerocool Project7 P650 / Fractal Define XL =
upgraditus is offline  
post #869 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
doyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 25,552
Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Quote: Originally Posted by upgraditus View Post
With a chain of 3 (Intake->HS->exhaust) I can certainly hear them from ~1m at 600, it's not loud obviously but not silent either. At 300 with the case panel on they are below room background noise level (very low at night), I find 300-1000 perfect for my needs.
What about your GPU fan/s, are they quieter or louder? What are your case fans? Do you mean you can hear them at 300rpm with ears less than a foot from case? I'm surprised you only have 3x fans in your system. Define XL supports 1x 120/140mm bottom (plus PSU), 2x front, 2x top and 1x back. With just 1x intake and exhaust your 1x in & 1x out are only moving about as much air as TS140BW uses .. and if stock case fans not that much.

Very quiet room at night is about 30dba, background level in empty recording studio is about 20dba.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
doyll is offline  
post #870 of 900 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 06:03 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
upgraditus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 201
Rep: 8 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
What about your GPU fan/s, are they quieter or louder? What are your case fans? Do you mean you can hear them at 300rpm with ears less than a foot from case? I'm surprised you only have 3x fans in your system. Define XL supports 1x 120/140mm bottom (plus PSU), 2x front, 2x top and 1x back. With just 1x intake and exhaust your 1x in & 1x out are only moving about as much air as TS140BW uses .. and if stock case fans not that much.

Very quiet room at night is about 30dba, background level in empty recording studio is about 20dba.
I'll list all so you can see what is going on, more than just 3 fans in total, case is inverted so CPU chain is furthest distance from ear at approx 1m (when I say chain I mean these fans are controlled from one PWM signal and powered direct from PSU).

CPU Chain = 3x TY-147A (intake->heatsink->exhaust) so ~4.8-6db(A) louder than 1 fan at any given RPM/loudness

GPU Chain = 2x TY-147A (intakes, sanded square) 2x Arctic P12 (heatsink) 1x 140mm Silent Wings 3 (1K RPM model) (exhaust)

I have a calibrated mic for eq'ing subwoofers (http://cross-spectrum.com/measuremen...ated_umik.html) but it's meant for high SPL's and the self noise is too high for these sort of levels, otherwise I'd do some measuring.

= Ryzen 7 3700X 4.3GHz @ 1.3v / Thermalright TS140 BW / Prime X470-Pro / 16GB Crucial BSLT 3733 MT/s cl16 / 1080Ti Amp Extreme 2GHz @ 0.987v / Aerocool Project7 P650 / Fractal Define XL =
upgraditus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off