Noctua NH-D15 Club - Page 200 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Noctua NH-D15 Club

post #1991 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by BTK View Post
how does the d15 do with triple nf a15 fans versus two id assume not much of difference
Nothing, stop buying (fans in this case) according to brand and start buying according to actual, measurable specs.
Your sole worry right now is replacing these fans with something better.
Somewhere in there lies also the notion that your being active here, does -or should i say should- entail a certain level of awareness. Or lacking that, the incentive to search through our own threads. Same questions, asked time and time again.

Since i'm wasting my time posting however,

Quote: Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post
Not only that the 3rd fan will add much more noise ... there is absolutely no gain in performance
Inaccurate.
At high enough speeds and with good enough fans, there is a very slight gain if noise isn't a concern.
Running at 2300ish RPM (as near accurate as an Aquaero 6XT can make it) two TY-143 fans versus three makes for a 1,5-1,7 Celsius average Delta drop for me. I should say a clean two degrees here, but i'm being fair and including a one-off worse that i cannot replicate so should exclude, but hey, let's keep it in and bring it down to 1,7 ish.
Above at:
22 degrees steady ambient (no, not like 'Morans Nexus' steady "ambient", i mean really steady and really ambient)
Steady, fixed locations, no drafts, no variations.
3900X running at a steady 1.42 core, 1.25 SoC, all cores, SMT on, manual OC.
Running latest Prime without AVX loads. Multiple runs, temps measured after 40min mark.
Variance being the kind of FFTs run.
Temps measured old school, not through 'HWiNFO'.
All temps measured inside a Caselabs S8.
Intake was four 120mm iPPC industrials, running at 2400 each, through a 15% impedance custom-made air filter. No outtake fan was used.
Margin of error is .5 Celsius. Air conditioner, digital thermometer and probes are highest quality. Japan

* i said 3900XT in the beginning, lol.. wishful thinking ^^
** am getting one when they come out, so Freudian slip am guessing.

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 06-02-2020 at 09:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1992 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 56 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
Nothing, stop buying (fans in this case) according to brand and start buying according to actual, measurable specs.
Somewhere in there lies also the notion that your being active here, does -or should i say should- entail a certain level of awareness. Or lacking that, the incentive to search through our own threads. Same questions, asked time and time again.

Inaccurate.
At high enough speeds and with good enough fans, there is a very slight gain if noise isn't a concern.
Running at 2300ish RPM (as near accurate as an Aquaero 6XT can make it) two TY-143 fans versus three makes for a 1,5-1,7 Celsius average Delta drop for me. I should say a clean two degrees here, but i'm being fair and including a one-off worse that i cannot replicate so should exclude, but hey, let's keep it in and bring it down to 1,7 ish.
Above at:
22 degrees steady ambient (no, not like 'Morans Nexus' steady "ambient", i mean really steady and really ambient)
3900XT running at a steady 1.42 core, 1.25 SoC, all cores, SMT on, manual OC.
Running latest Prime without AVX loads.
Air conditioner, digital thermometer and probes are highest quality. Japan
We are talking about NF-15's, not some "high enough speeds and with good enough fans”. NF-15's are optimized for this cooler and unless you have tested yourself and can honestly see any gain adding 3rd NF-15 does nothing. I have tested in # of different cases and in different room ambient, even Noctua themselves said.. 3rd fan does absolutely nothing regardless of ambient and type of case is used.

Caselabs S8S SSI EEB/4x Noctua NF-S12A
Asus x99 E-WS 10G/Asus AX3000 Dual Band PCI-E WiFi 6
i7 6950X/Noctua NH-D15S with dual NF-A15 140mm fans
Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT
Seasonic Platinum-1200(SS-1200XP3)
EVGA Titan Black SC
Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8 x 16GB) DDR4, 2666MHz

Last edited by NewUser16; 06-01-2020 at 07:13 AM.
post #1993 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:11 AM
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 27)
NF-15's are optimized for this cooler
You probably know i'm not one for tact, too old for our new and overly "sensitive" politically correct tender times.
So with no real offense meant, i'd humbly advise you read some more, and post some less until you have.

Edit: Have also updated my post above with extra info i should have included from the start; my fault.
Post edit: When someone (me) takes all the trouble to type down all these facts and numbers -and all they imply, you don't exactly start with TY-143s now do you- and what they reply to him is "you haven't measured it, so you cannot know"

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 06-01-2020 at 07:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1994 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:17 AM
A guy

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)

Inaccurate.
Above at:
3900X running at a steady 1.42 core, 1.25 SoC, all cores, SMT on, manual OC.
Running latest Prime without AVX loads. Multiple runs, temps measured after 40min mark.
All temps measured inside a Caselabs S8.
Intake was four 120mm IPPC industrials, running at 2400 each, through a 15% impedance custom-made air filter.
Air conditioner, digital thermometer and probes are highest quality. Japan

* i said 3900XT in the beginning, lol.. wishful thinking ^^
** am getting one when they come out, so Freudian slip am guessing.

1.42 Vcore? jesus.

My Rig
(9 items)
CPU
Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard
MSI X570 Unify
GPU
Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+
RAM
G.Skill Flare X 16GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500GB
Hard Drive
WD Blue SSD 1TB
Power Supply
Corsair RM750
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C TG
▲ hide details ▲
post #1995 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Wali764 View Post
Anyone tried to pair a NH-D15 with an 10600K??

I guess for normal usage ist ok, but even a morderate OC could be problematic.
Ill be using it with a 10900kf. @Falkentyne did and still uses it on one of his 10900k . he posted here https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-in...iscussion.html
post #1996 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 07:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

You probably know i'm not one for tact, too old for our new and overly "sensitive" politically correct tender times.
So with no real offense meant, i'd humbly advise you read some more, and post some less until you have.

Edit: Have also updated my post above with extra info, as i neglected to mention the chassis used; my fault. And chassis does matter
“You probably know I’m not one for tact"

I hope that is sarcasm I guess your age is playing tricks on you. I'm not trying to be insensitive or rude and I think I might be older then you based on some of the rationality and commonsense you use in your feedback to a posts, but that's the funniest thing I've heard. Read back some of your comments you've posted throughout OCN forums, you contradicting yourself without even knowing it

Maybe you have mention somewhere in your posts above, maybe not...have you personally done any experiments yourself and whether the 3rd fan and Your theory of gaining anything sticks or you’re one of those that rely on others who's perhaps opinions are nothing more, but just that, so yes I read before I post, perhaps you should do the same

EVGA Titan Black SC

Last edited by NewUser16; 06-01-2020 at 08:09 AM.
post #1997 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1696 (Unique: 938)
“You probably know I’m not one for tact"

I hope that is sarcasm I guess your age is playing tricks on you. I'm not trying to be insensitive or rude, but that's the funniest thing I've heard. Read back some of your comments you've posted throughout OCN forums, you contradicting yourself without even knowing it

Maybe you have mention somewhere in your posts above, maybe not...have you personally done any experiments yourself and whether the 3rd fan and Your theory of gaining anything sticks or you’re one of those that rely on others who's perhaps opinions are nothing more, but just that, so yes I read before I post, perhaps you should do the same and if you referring to your own "added" post, once again, think before your post to avoid misunderstandings...(perhaps)
Can you quote Aenra here with likes to original post so we can see how he is 'contradiction yourself without even knowing it'? My guess is he is not contradicting himself, but that you likely do not know as much as he does and misinterpret what he is saying. But I will reserve judgement until I see what he said.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #1998 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
Can you quote Aenra here with likes to original post so we can see how he is 'contradiction yourself without even knowing it'? My guess is he is not contradicting himself, but that you likely do not know as much as he does and misinterpret what he is saying. But I will reserve judgement until I see what he said.
You obviously don't read some of his posts and feedback to some of the opinions (strong opinions) that he has made and I’m not referring to this thread only as this wouldn't be fair to anyone to make a judgment upon, so “You probably know I’m not one for tact" is one of an examples where he’s not seen himself and that comment is quite opposite to most of his responses.

You can judge me anyway you like, you entitle to, but I do hold back a lot before I make comment of that nature.

EVGA Titan Black SC

Last edited by NewUser16; 06-01-2020 at 08:33 AM.
post #1999 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1696 (Unique: 938)
You obviously don't read some of his posts and feedback to some opinions (strong opinions) that he has and I'm not referring to only this thread so “You probably know I’m not one for tact" is one of an examples where he’s not seen himself and that comment is quite opposite to most of his responses.
No, I obviously am not taking your word as gospel. This thread or other thread, it's time you back up what you are posting with quotes and links .. or is it you and not him at all? You are trying to put down another member by making claims, but when asked to proof you seem to be trying to weasel out.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #2000 of 2009 (permalink) Old 06-01-2020, 08:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
No, I obviously am not taking your word as gospel. This thread or other thread, it's time you back up what you are posting with quotes and links .. or is it you and not him at all? You are trying to put down another member by making claims, but when asked to proof you seem to be trying to weasel out.
OK, so if you are not taking my word as gospel, you not understanding or perhaps don't want to understand the meaning of “You probably know I’m not one for tact” and the nature of 90% of his responses not only to me, but to others and I'm not referring only in this thread, so before you think I'm bashing anyone, If you don't know the history of his.. I'm sorry "uncaring" ways of communication go to some of his old threads, maybe even recent and then go ahead and please make a judgment on me.

There are posts in here on OCN and him pretty much trashing other members, must well call them idiots for either asking questions that might be "silly" to him or simply responding to others. If you read this thread and can’t see the contradiction to his' supposedly “You probably know I’m not one for tact" by first arguing something that he might not even tested...what can I say

The last thing I mean to do is to refer to anyone either in here or elsewhere outside of this forum in such negative way, but I think that it goes both ways and I honestly think “Aenra" knows what I'm referring to and his ways of addressing or responding to some comments of his.

You want to be treated with respect and to be taking seriously, work at it and if you know you are certain way e.g. direct and to the point that's OK, I am the same way, but deal with the fallout, compassion and caring goes a long way.

EVGA Titan Black SC

Last edited by NewUser16; 06-01-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in