Need Help With 92mm Delta Fan Pinout - EFB0912HHE "Apple/Mac Version" - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Need Help With 92mm Delta Fan Pinout - EFB0912HHE "Apple/Mac Version"

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Trying to figure out the pinout of these fans, tried testing randomly touching + & - to a molex, but nothing seemed to get these spinning so far.

Anyone know? Typically on fans the first 2 on the left are neg then positive, but Im not sure thats the same for these bc it didnt work for me.

One wire has a red mark on it, but it also says PWM close by so I didnt wanna risk using that as + and burning the circuit before I found a definitive answer.

Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2015, 05:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 60)
Looks like an ordinary 4pin PWM.
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
GND - 12V - Sense - Control
In the last picture, 4th contact point has PWM next to it and the 1st contact point looks like a upside down G to me aka Ground.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Didn't work =\

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 05:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 60)
Are there any other markings on the PCB next to those two center contact points? C/V/P for Current or Voltage or Power etc, S or T for Sense or Tachometer. And don't want to sound rude but are you sure you tried to power it with the 12V pin from the 4pin molex and not accidentally with the 5V pin biggrin.gif It's startup voltage might be higher than that.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-12-2015, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Didn't work =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagittaja View Post

Are there any other markings on the PCB next to those two center contact points? C/V/P for Current or Voltage or Power etc, S or T for Sense or Tachometer. And don't want to sound rude but are you sure you tried to power it with the 12V pin from the 4pin molex and not accidentally with the 5V pin biggrin.gif It's startup voltage might be higher than that.

Yes sir, did everything, and this is something else I cam across- but I cant tell for sure which pins.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/4525-discussion-fit-a-pc-in-a-g5-powermac-enclosure/page-3

The "G" the other reply was referring to, actually it says "o/p", never seen that before...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2015, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Everyone stumped?

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 05:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxaltezza View Post

Everyone stumped?
Hopefully I'm not too late, I'll post detailed pictures on how to fix it tomorrow.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 04:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
O/P- yellow wire- feedback
VM / PWM- speed control of the fans. These are controlled by varying voltage, and you can just connect it to the + wire and use these as 3 pin fans. They won't move if you don't connect it.
G - black wire- negative (-)
VCC- red wire- positive (+)

When run as 3 wire fans, they can be speed controlled by putting them in DC mode.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1645 (Unique: 922)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasakakiKairi View Post

O/P- yellow wire- feedback
VM / PWM- speed control of the fans. These are controlled by varying voltage, and you can just connect it to the + wire and use these as 3 pin fans. They won't move if you don't connect it.
G - black wire- negative (-)
VCC- red wire- positive (+)

When run as 3 wire fans, they can be speed controlled by putting them in DC mode.
Sorry, but to clarify you are saying the VM/PWM is for PWM control signal. But if not using PWM to run 12v power to this connection?

Reason I ask is normally when using a PWM fan on variable voltage the PWM connection is not used at all.
PWM fans run on contanat 12v volt with no PWM signal .. same as a variable voltage fan at full load. Then just vary the voltage to change speed.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 09:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
These will not run without this wire connected to power. Also, while labeled PWM, these fans actually use varying voltage along a 4th wire to control them, not a PWM signal. Weird fans they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Sorry, but to clarify you are saying the VM/PWM is for PWM control signal. But if not using PWM to run 12v power to this connection?
Mostly, but these fans cannot run off of a normal pwm signal.

Connect the PWM labeled wire to the + wire and call it a 3-pin fan. Works for me, fully variable speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in