** Thermlright Le GRAND MACHO is out! ** - Page 56 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

** Thermlright Le GRAND MACHO is out! **

post #551 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
They did mention on their Web site;

http://www.thermalright.com/product/true-universal-btk/

Compatible with HR-22 so I'm guessing it should work with this new Graphene Monster.
Indeed! HR-22 is old enough design to have thick base. Not many of the new coolers do. I don't think it has any effect on cooler as the additional thicking is on top side. I think botton side of both is same basic thickness.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
Yeah, eager to find out when mine gets here in Convict Town.

Thin base should transfer heat far more quickly, than a thicker one. Also waiting for a True Bolt Through Kit fitting, to come in as well because this Graphene Cooler doesn't fit any AM4 setup without using it.

This cooler will be used on my incoming 3800x which I'm still waiting for.
Oh nice they have some on amazon, I went ahead and ordered so I can use my 2nd one again.

Kanna
(13 items)
Dark X299
(7 items)
Mitty
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7-7820X
Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
GPU
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR C14 3200MHz XMP 4x8GB
Hard Drive
Intel P3520 NVMe PCIE AIC 1.2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250 1250 Watt PSU
Cooling
NZXT Kraken 62
Case
NZXT S340
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
Asus PA329Q 32" 4k 60Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Mouse
Logitech G600
Audio
HDMI to my Yamaha CX-A5000 preamplifier and studio monitors.
CPU
Intel i9-9900X
Motherboard
EVGA X299 Dark
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 4x8GB C14 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung Pro 840 250 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G3 1300
Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
CPU
Intel i7-3930k
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty X79 Champion
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
RAM
Mushkin Redline
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Optical Drive
Asus DVD±RW
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Case
Fractal ARC MIDI
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
post #553 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by Abula View Post
LeGrandMacho is a great cooler, probably among the top 10, but its meant for low airflow, its a cooler that excels with low rpm fans, and yes a TY143 will still lower the highest temp your cpus are reaching, but it wont be as good as dual tower with dual fans, Noctua NH-D15S is probably the best high end air cooler, specially strapping dual TY143, that said the difference is not abysmal over the LeGrandMacho, simply at high rpms, the low density of the fin stacks of the macho don't dissipate heat as good as high fin stack, reason why coolers like TSP 140 / NH-U14S are a good option. To me LGM is a great cooler for people wanting a quiet setup, at low rpms is probably the best cooler that can strap a fan on, its massive size and the wide spread of fins allows low airflow to be very efficient.

There is a recent roundup that tests many of the high end coolers,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq-oi7p6r4

Wrong. It's meant for low static pressure, and high airflow. You can achieve mid to high airflow at some mid to low RPM speeds in a excellent case. Actually most cases, will limit you to 5-7/10 anyway, if you were to put a measurement to airflow.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by Shenhua; 08-30-2019 at 03:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #554 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Abula View Post
There is a recent roundup that tests many of the high end coolers,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq-oi7p6r4
I don't think that review is accurate. Other reputable reviews show Le Grand Macho to cool similar to NH-D15 and other top tier coolers.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shenhua View Post
Wrong. It's meant for low static pressure, and high airflow. You can achieve mid to high airflow at some mid to low RPM speeds in a excellent case. Actually most cases, will limit you to 5-7/10 anyway, if you were to put a measurement to airflow.

It's sad, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Le Grand Macho is made for low pressure low airflow use, just as Abula said.
You don't even know what static pressure is. Static pressure is the amount of pressure a fan can push into a sealed container .. hardly something we do with our computer fans. All computer fans have very low static pressure ratingings. They make such low amount of pressure it's less than the difference in atmospheric pressure at sea level and the pressure at about 3-4 meters above sea level.

i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #555 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 07:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
I don't think that review is accurate. Other reputable reviews show Le Grand Macho to cool similar to NH-D15 and other top tier coolers.

It's sad, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Le Grand Macho is made for low pressure low airflow use, just as Abula said.
You don't even know what static pressure is. Static pressure is the amount of pressure a fan can push into a sealed container .. hardly something we do with our computer fans. All computer fans have very low static pressure ratingings. They make such low amount of pressure it's less than the difference in atmospheric pressure at sea level and the pressure at about 3-4 meters above sea level.
Oh pls, get lost! Mr. expert. You may be the one with most experience here, but sometimes your cockiness gets over your head way to much, thinking you got always all the answers. Static pressure is real in PCs thermals, and regardless of your *subjective* opinion on the matter, they do make a noticeable difference. Otherwise cooler manufacturers wouldn't be playing with fin count and spacing, and we would have 1 standard alone.

The macho type coolers will see more disadvantage in a hotbox than a u12a type cooler. Now go argue with the fish in the sea.

post #556 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Shenhua View Post
Oh pls, get lost! Mr. expert. You may be the one with most experience here, but sometimes your cockiness gets over your head way to much, thinking you got always all the answers. Static pressure is real in PCs thermals, and regardless of your *subjective* opinion on the matter, they do make a noticeable difference. Otherwise cooler manufacturers wouldn't be playing with fin count and spacing, and we would have 1 standard alone.

The macho type coolers will see more disadvantage in a hotbox than a u12a type cooler. Now go argue with the fish in the sea.

When someone posts up such nonsensical things as you did as if they were in any way logical or scientific, I tend to point out what is real.
As I stated before, "static" = stopped, not moving .. a fan's static pressure rating is the maximum pressure it can push into a sealed container. How do you use a fan making it's 'static pressure' in a computer?

Simply put, my 'subjective opinion' is bases on knowledge and expreience and is simply the truth of the matter. It is not some nonsensical fantasy someone comes up with and posts up as if it is reality.
Now if you were to post actual knowledge instead of fantasy I would not be pointing out how it is wrong, but discuss it with you.
No, Macho and similar coolers are effected by the air temp going into them in the same ways all other coolers are. CPUs running at 100% CPU load are all effected by temp of air going into cooler the same. Every degree warmer the air into cooler is translates into same degrees hotter the CPU will be at same fan speed / airflow rate.

Fin count, spacing, etc. are a different subject .. one entirely different from fan static pressure ratings. They are also only one part of specifications of a cooler that determine it's cooling ability.

post #557 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 404 (Unique: 271)
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
There is more funky in that test than just that. A D15S doesn't outperform a TC14PE by that margin, if at all, and the Dark Rock Pro 4 won't outperform it at all. Also, how exactly does removing a fan from the NH-D15 (the NH-D15S) make it perform better????? This test is a joke. It was either done with no controls in place, or the guy threw darts at a dart board to arrive at the numbers.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #558 of 558 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
There is more funky in that test than just that. A D15S doesn't outperform a TC14PE by that margin, if at all, and the Dark Rock Pro 4 won't outperform it at all. Also, how exactly does removing a fan from the NH-D15 (the NH-D15S) make it perform better????? This test is a joke. It was either done with no controls in place, or the guy threw darts at a dart board to arrive at the numbers.
Reminds me of OcUK user stulid's TIM review of like all TIM OcUK sells. When asked what the ambient temp was his answer was he did all testing late at night so temps were all the same. Didn't even have / use a thermometer in the room, much less monitor actual air temp into cooler.

That forum still has that TIM testing pinned in the air cooling / overclocking thread.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in