What CPU cooler to buy for replacing my Intel stock cooler? - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

What CPU cooler to buy for replacing my Intel stock cooler?

post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:51 AM
In VB's Basement

Please lets keep it civil from here on in.

Need help with your account or something forum related ? Please use our Contact Us form

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Do I need to remove my motherboard if I want to install M9i? I can see that my casing has a hole for my motherboard back panel. Can I just install M9i on my motherboard back panel through the hole of my casing? Here's the picture:
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 230 (Unique: 164)
Nope, that is why the mobo manufacturers put the cut out in the tray, it just save time and patients

Roads? Where We're Going, We Don't Need Roads!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1639 (Unique: 920)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik8ovc View Post

Do I need to remove my motherboard if I want to install M9i? I can see that my casing has a hole for my motherboard back panel. Can I just install M9i on my motherboard back panel through the hole of my casing? Here's the picture:
You can install cooler with motherboard in case. You might want someone to help you by holding the backplate with studs in place on the back while you install the mounting bars on the front. Here is Cryorig installation video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Clm-L__yQ

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 09:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 17)
I think the most important part in choosing a cooler is the case fans. As long as the input fans are pushing more air than the CPU cooler is moving and more than the exhaust fans are pulling. Positive pressure in the case cuts down on dust accumulation. Exhaust placement should be close enough to be moving most of the heat from the source. AIOs are dual purpose for this. Also the input fans should be moving more than out put fans. That will cause heat to be moved out in places you did not think of. Make shure you add the the CFM of the AIO to the exhaust fan so you don't have negative pressure inside the case. I have 110 cfm blowing in and 90 cfm blowing out. the top mounted pwr supply helps moving the cpu heat out. I removed the the 80mm fans because all they did was make noise. I am still using a 9 year old case (Raidmax Smilodon) with a 8350 running at 4.7Ghz. I also have a GTX 690 in the case too. Been good enough for 5 years

Primary: Crossover 27" 2560 x 1440, Crosshair VI, Ryzen 1600, Flair 2400, GTX 690. Secondary: MSI 890FX GD-70 R 2.0, FX-8350, HD 7790, Kingston 8 GB x 2, Western 1Tb hybrid, VisionTek 1000
[

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in