how to mount corsair H100 original on AMD AM4 ryzen socket? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

how to mount corsair H100 original on AMD AM4 ryzen socket?

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 09:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1645 (Unique: 922)
Quote: Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post
The clips. No one cares about the holes, it doesn't use the holes.
snip
And agian you are way out in somewhere. I would say maybe Never Never Land, but there really is a Never Never Land.

The very first paragraph of you link clearly says for AMD AM2, AM3/AM3+:
Quote:
Our Hydro Series™ high-performance liquid CPU coolers offer compatibility with a wide variety of both Intel and AMD platforms. The AMD AM2 and AMD AM3/AM3+ platforms both use the same mounting mechanism. Here's a pictoral guide for mounting these coolers onto AMD AM2 and AMD AM3/AM3+ based motherboards to supplement the instructions included with the units. Pictured here is everything you will need to mount your cooler to your AMD AM2 or AMD AM3/AM3+ motherboard including a screwdriver, a mug of coffee, and an assistant.
There is absolutely positively without a doubt nothing about AM4 there.

Wrath cooler is not H100 cooler.

$16 if you pick it up off Corsair. Their shipping isn't the fastest, but it should work fine.
That is for Asetek OEM, not CoolIT OEM.

Here is image showing Asetek, CoolIT and Cooler Master CLCs. You can see the differences in what pumps look like.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 97 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
What precisely the hell is wrong with these cooler producing companies that a year after release there's still almost no AM4 support, and customers have to go out of their way to find a bracket that fits the AM4 socket and their cooler properly? I'm pretty sure for intel they have coolers released for new sockets BEFORE they even come out and basically every cooler has a bracket option for a new intel socket within a month.
Clearly you weren't an adopter of the LGA 2011 socket .

LGA 1150,1151, and 1155 were so similar there isn't much to say there.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 17)
I have never had a problem with finding a cooler on any CPU until AM4. Never.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Hey I get one of these!

Rep: 304 (Unique: 214)
Ok, lets try this in more detail;

1) Yes, the actual screw mounts in the motherboard have moved. The plastic molding that supports the clips used for AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2/FM2+/AM4 are in the same location and allow any cooler that uses those clips for mounting pressure to continue to use the same cooler. For more proof, see below.

2)I do not know why you think the brackets are what, a different length? Or why you think Wraith and H100 coolers somehow do not adhere to the same standard? But they are designed for the same supporting brackets.

Here is another video of someone using an AM3 cooler on an AM4 socket because it uses the clip system;

Here is what seems to be the cooler in the video;
http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpuc...12/7_481.shtml

And here is the entire mounting kit from the makers website;

Note that it lists every single socket that used that clip system including AM4 with only the one rocker plate.

3) OP clearly states this is for an OG H100 which is a CoolIT model. Source:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/5054/...-h100-reviewed
Quote:
Corsair has teamed up with CoolIT Systems this time around.

And boy that bracket I linked sure does look like it's for a CoolIT model given the picture on the store page I linked looks exactly like the ones in the H100 review I just linked:

So just to confirm; 1TM1, does the picture in this post that says "H100" on it match what your cooler looks like?

Forge
(18 items)
Forge-LT
(7 items)
CPU
AMD Threadripper 1950X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X399 Designare
GPU
EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid
GPU
EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid
RAM
32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB (4x8GB 3200Mhz 14-14-14)
Hard Drive
Intel 900P 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB
Power Supply
Corsair AX1200
Cooling
EK Predator 240
Case
Corsair Graphite 780T
Operating System
Windows 10 Enterprise x64
Monitor
2x Acer XR341CK
Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB
Mouse
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB
Audio
Sennheiser HD700
Audio
Sound Blaster AE-5
Audio
Audio Technica AT4040
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Motherboard
UX501JW-UB71T
GPU
GTX 960m
RAM
16GB 1600 9-9-9-27
Hard Drive
512GB PCI-e SSD
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
4k IPS
▲ hide details ▲
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 12:17 PM
I dunno what I'm doing.

Rep: 63 (Unique: 45)
Zip-ties and paperclips?

It is what it is.
Waterworld
(21 items)
CPU
i7-8700k
Motherboard
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
GPU
GTX-1080ti Founder's Edition
RAM
Kingston HyperX
Hard Drive
Samsung M.2 950 PRO
Hard Drive
SanDisk Ultra II
Power Supply
Corsair RM650x
Cooling
Optimus V1 LGA-1151 Waterblock
Cooling
Nemesis GTS240
Cooling
Nemesis 120GTS
Cooling
EK D5 Revo
Cooling
Singularity Protium Pump Top/Case
Cooling
EKWB 10x0 Waterblock
Cooling
SavantPCs 240mm Reservoir
Cooling
Noctua NF-A12x25
Case
Fractal Nano S
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
GMMK TKL
Mouse
Logitech G602
Audio
Creative X7
▲ hide details ▲
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
>^o.o^<___/

Rep: 21 (Unique: 15)
Ok, lets try this in more detail;

So just to confirm; 1TM1, does the picture in this post that says "H100" on it match what your cooler looks like?
yes, this is the correct picture. I am looking for a spare AMD clip from this picture as I dont want to spend $16 on a old cooler that is worth as much.
I will also try other ways if someone has already successfully mounted H100 with intel clip (four prongs) on AM4 socket.
also willing to trade my intel clip for amd clip if necessary, but advice on how to mount it is preferred.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 03:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1645 (Unique: 922)
Quote: Originally Posted by 1TM1 View Post
yes, this is the correct picture. I am looking for a spare AMD clip from this picture as I dont want to spend $16 on a old cooler that is worth as much.
I will also try other ways if someone has already successfully mounted H100 with intel clip (four prongs) on AM4 socket.
also willing to trade my intel clip for amd clip if necessary, but advice on how to mount it is preferred.
We've had a lot of discussion / arguement about what mount will work and which one you need, but even with proper mount I would not use a 5 year old one CLC because galvanic corrosion is definitely going on in it, eating holes in the aluminum and depositing crude in waterblock microfins. All this happening with the help of CLC gremlins (1st cousins to computer gremlins), combined with working hoses and fittings removing and re-installing mean a leak in radiator, hose connections, etc. is very likey to happen, and we all know what liquid does when it gets on components .. it lets the gremlins loose and things stop working.

To elaborate, re-using a 5 year old H100 is likely is an invitation to disaster. The coolant level is low, pump has wear and corrosion is occuring. Coolant loss through plastics lowers coolant level .. and any corrosion inhibitors coolant had when new only lasts about 2 years at most. With corrosion occurringif it doesn't stop because of low coolant level or pump wear, there is an extremely high likelyhood of it starting to leak, especially after being moved around in the removal from old system and install in new system.

I know it costs money to get a new cooler, but not near as much as it will when H100 leaks.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Tags
am4 , Amd , bracket , Corsair , h100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in