Originally Posted by GeneO
Yep. There is a decent airflow from the front but it is certainly restrictive.
Hi just to update current situation.
Replaced H110i gtx with Noctua D15. Unfortunally i wasnt able to fit both fans inside my case (max 170mm height) and my memory is 44mm tall.
Anyway, got some impressive results. All fans are set to get into 100% after 75c. Until 70c, even noctua fans arent going 100%. For most of the time, im getting under 70c on 8700K, same temperatures as h110i with 1800 rpm fans blasting 50db in my face.
Even with fans hitting 100% on noctua, and its just one fan, its barely audible.
I made some changes too:
1) I removed h110 that was as exaust top, and i sealed the top holes with paper, at least for now; primary reason was to keep dust and other debris from getting inside, second reason was to evaluate airflow, coming directly from intake fan; there is a imediate fan below pointing to the gpu;
2) Turned psu fan to silent mode (only runs if it hits some temp, i guess its 50c+, seasonic gold), and turned psu intake to bottom, so to also not interfere with airflow
3) Replaced crappy exaust fan with noctua AF12.
System is barely audible now, and even at P95 AVX, i was hitting max 85c. After a long time of realbench, which both heat up gpu and cpu, max cpu was doing 75c, so by all means a success.
I will confirm values when room temperatures goes beyond 30c, the last two days it was between 25 and 28c.
Max gpu temps are 69 (2+ since h110 replacement), under 67% max gpu fans.
So far, i consider it a success; much less noisy and with just one fan, that is really impressive.
Now i have some questions, feel free to send your opinions:
1) Considering i cant change the case right now, i can get any benefit putting some high quality noctua 120mm fan on front of D15? 2-4c would be good.
2) I couldnt find much case variety that allows 180mm+ clearance.
The options are either full towers on some midtowers with restricted airflow intake. Someone has any suggestion of good cases with massive airflow input and clearance? Extra bonus is possible to seal top, like fractal design.