Is the Morpheus II Radeon VII compatible? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Is the Morpheus II Radeon VII compatible?

Old 02-10-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist
Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about

Is the Morpheus II Radeon VII compatible?

As per title;

Googled, but found no result combining all the keywords.
Now of course i'm not exactly the best in Googleing, so may well be out there, but.. if you have an answer, by all means inform?

I don't want Hairworks, Rayworks, or supahKores(tm).
I just want a non-nVidia GPU for my lovely 16/10, image quality focused, non-gaming 1080p monitor. I know, i'm so weird

As i'm also not well off, lol, i'd rather be sure before i go and buy me one; cooler that is. Thank you for reading.

Pride, honour and purity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 04:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
Shadowarez Level 1

Got one on order from ebay for. My Vega Frontier Edition gpu hoping it compatible

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Overclocker
JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about

Get a partner card not the awful cooler AMD reference one, they still haven't learned how to do a good cooler.

All the specs for aftermarket coolers are out there if in doubt ask manufacturer of the heatsink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist
Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about Aenra has a spectacular aura about

- I don't have a Vega FE though! More to the point, we already know the Morpheus II is compatible with Vegas.
- Am kinda interested in this specific cooler, it being why i tried to be so specific.

Appreciate your taking the time however.
(as to contacting Raijintek, i'd rather ask here first, lol, let me leave it at that)

Old 02-10-2019, 11:55 PM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

I doubt it would be compatible.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 AM
Smug, Jaded, Enervated.
GHADthc is an unknown quantity at this point GHADthc is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a glance at the PCB's of the Vega 64 and the Radeon VII, the mounting hole spacings are larger on the VII, as its die is a bit larger with the extra HBM2 stacks, I do not think the Morpheus would fit, so I wouldn't spend my money on it unless you were handy with tools and made your own mounting bracket to attach to the Morpheus, as its bracket around the base of the heatsink plate is removeable. I have mounted my first gen Morpheus to a fair few cards, and currently have it on a 1080ti, when it doesn't officially support that, but in this case, I think the mounting bracket would simply not be wide enough to encompass the mounting points of the VII.

Forever a WIP.
(15 items)
CPU
2700X (XFR2/PBO @ 4.25Ghz ).
Motherboard
Asus CH7 Wifi.
GPU
GTX 1080Ti w/ Raijintek Morpheus.
RAM
G.Skill Flare-X 16GB 3200C14 (Running @ 3466Mhz C15).
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (OS), Seagate Ironwolf Pro 6TB (250GB SSD partition+2GB Ram StoreMI setup), Kingston UV400 500GB SSD (half partitioned).
Power Supply
Silverstone Strider Gold 850W ST85F-GS.
Cooling
Stock cooling....(Custom loop build in progress).
Case
Silverstone TJ11 (Custom loop project)..currently in Lian Li V2000 Plus.
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro N.
Monitor
Catleap Yamakasi Q270B @ 110Hz.
Keyboard
Steelseries 6Gv2.
Mouse
Zowie EC2-A.
Mousepad
Puretrak Talent.
Audio
Burson Play, Monoprice Monolith M1060C, Rode NTA1 (With Rode arm), Behringer PS400.
Other
2060mm of radiators stuffed inside/outside a TJ11 in the works + 2x D5 strong, Koolance RP-452X2, Koolance CTR-CD1224, blocks, fittings etc etc...
▲ hide details ▲
Old 02-11-2019, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Quote: Originally Posted by GHADthc View Post
I do not think the Morpheus would fit
Yeah.. just, well.. hope dies last, thought i'd ask, lol, i mean who knows!
Thanks

Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net
Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough

Hard to say since you will have to eyeball the PCBs and guess the exact component location and height restrictions. As for the mounting brackets, the Morpheus II manual has the spacing for the included brackets (downloadable from their site). You would still have to figure out the spacing on the RVII (a PCB breakdown review maybe). The Morpheus has rather "bad" VRM cooling, so that could be a problem too unless you are handy and creative with mods.

Magicbox
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
GA-AX370-Gaming K7
GPU
RX 480 Nitro+
RAM
Corsair Vengeance
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850
Hard Drive
HyperX 3K
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda
Power Supply
EVGA G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Cooling
Morpheus II
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Kubuntu 18.04
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2515H
Keyboard
CM Storm QuickFire TK
Mouse
G502
Mousepad
G440
Audio
Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Quote: Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
Hard to say since you will have to eyeball the PCBs and guess the exact component location and height restrictions. As for the mounting brackets, the Morpheus II manual has the spacing for the included brackets (downloadable from their site). You would still have to figure out the spacing on the RVII (a PCB breakdown review maybe). The Morpheus has rather "bad" VRM cooling, so that could be a problem too unless you are handy and creative with mods.
Thanks for replying

The thing is the card's on its (hopefully not long) way and since it's different from Vega, i don't have any specs to go by, you know?
As to the VRM, to be honest i'm not so sure it's gonna be an issue. I mean have you seen what they did? That midplate.. might as well have left it bare, would have been better off; i'll add those heatsinks, i'll add some Enzotech ones i've lying around, i'll mount two 120 iPPCs with reverse flow, sucking air from the PCB's side (which is sth i always do and one of the reasons i raised money for a flat mobo case). I honestly think it will be fine, even OCed.

(i kinda run my fans high, lol.. like, for the GPU, think 2200? 2400? The benefits of having watched Motorhead concerts, lol, i'm effing deaf)

Old 02-11-2019, 10:11 AM
New to Overclock.net
Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough Melcar will become famous soon enough

Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
Thanks for replying

The thing is the card's on its (hopefully not long) way and since it's different from Vega, i don't have any specs to go by, you know?
As to the VRM, to be honest i'm not so sure it's gonna be an issue. I mean have you seen what they did? That midplate.. might as well have left it bare, would have been better off; i'll add those heatsinks, i'll add some Enzotech ones i've lying around, i'll mount two 120 iPPCs with reverse flow, sucking air from the PCB's side (which is sth i always do and one of the reasons i raised money for a flat mobo case). I honestly think it will be fine, even OCed.

(i kinda run my fans high, lol.. like, for the GPU, think 2200? 2400? The benefits of having watched Motorhead concerts, lol, i'm effing deaf)

Generally PCB component cooling (like the VRM area) is achieved with high sp fans. Those stock little fans on video cards? Those little suckers move little air but generally have high sp ratings. It's why they can usually get away with little direct contact cooling. A high rpm fan (like the one you plan on using) on the Morpheus should keep the VRM temps. in check. That's what I did for mine (2x 2400rpm Scythe Grand Flex).

Magicbox
(18 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
GA-AX370-Gaming K7
GPU
RX 480 Nitro+
RAM
Corsair Vengeance
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850
Hard Drive
HyperX 3K
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda
Power Supply
EVGA G2
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15
Cooling
Morpheus II
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Operating System
Kubuntu 18.04
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Dell U2515H
Keyboard
CM Storm QuickFire TK
Mouse
G502
Mousepad
G440
Audio
Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in