Evo Plus- Heatsink, do you remove your sticker? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Evo Plus- Heatsink, do you remove your sticker?

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Evo Plus- Heatsink, do you remove your sticker?

I recently bought the Samsung Evo Plus 500gb. It could hit 70c (controller temp), so I put the EKWV nvme heatsink on it. Would you remove the front warranty sticker? How about the copper one on the back. Is there any point in placing the thermal pad on a sticker? Please provide your feedback.

Last edited by Uroborous; 03-24-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 33)
According to Samsung the sticker is thermally conductive, some kind of copper insert, and removing it voids your warranty. That said, i have removed the stickers on 2x 960 Pro, 1x 970 Pro, 1x 960 Evo, before mounting them to EK heatsinks or motherboard included heatsinks, its very easy as long as you are careful and patient, i pre heat the sticker, using heatgun, and use some very small pliers and all of them have come out fully in one piece, it can easily be re applied if needed. I didn't remove the back one, don't see the point, most heatsinks only have fins on the top.

GAME - Intel i9 9900K | AsRock Z390 Tachi | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus RTX2080Ti Strix | Samsung 970Pro 1TB + Samsung 860Pro 4TB
SIM - Intel i7 8700K | AsRock Z370 ITX/AC | Corsair 16GB DDR3000 | MSI RTX2080ti Duke | AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
SB - Intel i9 7940X | AsRock X299 Fatal1ty | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus GTX1660Ti
WS - AMD 1950X | AsRock X399 Taichi | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | 9271-8i 22TB Raid6 | Intel 900p 480GB

Last edited by Abula; 03-24-2019 at 01:45 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I totally agree. Ι believe the one in the back is thermally conductive (you can see the copper on the side). I removed the front one in one piece but I slightly damaged the edge. It is a tricky procedure. How do you put the thermal pad. I placed the soft adhesive side towards the metal and the shiny one towards the drive.

Tags
Ekwb , heatsink , nvme , Ssd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in