Silverstone AP183 is out (aka WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU) - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Silverstone AP183 is out (aka WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU)

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1661 (Unique: 924)
Silverstone is known for good airflow products from filters to fans. These look interesting and honestly noise specs don't look excessively loud, especially when airflow is considered. 140cfm with 3.17mm H2O lift at 37dB sounds quite good. Hopefully some of us can get and test some.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 35)
Literally like two week after I get four AP181 fans. Not too bothered about PWM since I caved in and bought an Aquaero, but damnit, the extra RPM would've been welcome
Any reviews of them yet? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* @VSG

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 16)
If only Noctua would make a high speed version of their 200mm fan. Maybe we could get an official overclock.net petition together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 07:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
Might have been mentioned and if so my apologies, but as per title;

The AP183 is out!
For me and three more people the whole world over, the next version of this auditory beast is out apparently!
Reminisce that constant ring in your ears after a Motorhead concert!
Enjoy a worry-free life experience! You'll no longer be able to hear her speak! Or shout, come to that!
Show that pesky AMD CPU just who's the boss around here!

Now with full PWM support (yes sir, i kid you not), 1500RPM (up from 1200), a reduced operational amperage of 0.3A (down from 0.45A) and dual ball bearing on top! They won't specify startup voltage of course, but who cares anyway, it's only wires! It may not be Christmas, but it sure feels like it!
Crank that fiend all the way up and go deaf in style.
******* LOL, thank you for this epic post, great phan too

Quote: Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post
The 180mm fans can only be used in a select number of cases, all of which are silverstone cases, unless there are a couple that support them that I don't know about.
Dark Base 900 has 180 mounting holes on top

Noctua keeps a list of cases supporting their 200mm fan with 180 mounting holes https://noctua.at/en/nf-a20-pwm/ccomp

Last edited by Luminair; 09-03-2019 at 07:36 AM.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 12:36 AM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post
Silverstone showcased a raven prototype case with the AP183s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-oIluxcy74

Pretty funky layout. Reminds me a lot of the RV03, but without the 5.25" bays. I should've gotten that case while it was still produced. That would have made for a great little fileserver. With 7 5.25" bays, you could fit 11x 3.5" hotswap backplanes
That's the one I'm still using after about seven Intel and AMD upgrades over the years. Can't believe this is the oldest case still used in my collection, just refuse to throw it out of my house.

Air cooling is natural, access to the IO back plate is on top as it always should of been with every other case manufacturer but isn't.

Just put in an order for two of these new PWM AP183's to fill the bottom out of this ancient case. Will still be using it even with the x570 hardware, just couldn't go back to using the OLD style of motherboard placement. I'm not that desperate yet in accepting the old method of cooling our modern hardware even if it's made by Phantek or Fractal.

This old Silverstone Case Model is like a very old Volvo model car, refuses to die and still performs the most mundane activities with style and ease.

Last edited by Elrick; 09-07-2019 at 12:45 AM.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I brought these as 2 front intakes. They work very well so far!

Used Scotch Velcro Fasteners. https://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US...3786499&rt=rud

You cant run them at super low speeds e.g below 20% but they are quiet at the lowest speeds. Around 50% is similar to the Coolermaster MF200R but with more airflow I think. Ofcourse this fan can burst much higher than others.

I like these. I assume the Noctua are superior at the same middle speed though.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 07:46 PM
- Insanity Beckons -

Rep: 173 (Unique: 89)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
Might have been mentioned and if so my apologies, but as per title;

The AP183 is out!

Attachment 261264
YES today on a Sunday here in Convict Town, received my two PWM AP183's .

Installed and using them now within my ancient Silverstone Raven RV03 Black with Gold trimming case.

Basically you can't hear them working at the bottom of the case yet cool air is rushing out top. Meaning for the first time, I am getting QUIET cool air coming inside and out of this old case design.

So now we have proof that this AP183's are worth buying here, no problem with any noise but they aren't working at full speed yet have to wait for a warm day to crop up here in Hell-holeville.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 06:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Elrick View Post
YES today on a Sunday here in Convict Town, received my two PWM AP183's .

Installed and using them now within my ancient Silverstone Raven RV03 Black with Gold trimming case.

Basically you can't hear them working at the bottom of the case yet cool air is rushing out top. Meaning for the first time, I am getting QUIET cool air coming inside and out of this old case design.

So now we have proof that this AP183's are worth buying here, no problem with any noise but they aren't working at full speed yet have to wait for a warm day to crop up here in Hell-holeville.
Thanks for posting your 'review'. Your post is helps others determine what to get.

Good to know there is at least 1 big fan that works as they should

i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 06:15 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
That rear integrated grill though
Price is nuts for a piece of plastic. You could fill out a case with 140mm fans for that.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 08:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
That rear integrated grill though
Price is nuts for a piece of plastic. You could fill out a case with 140mm fans for that.
That grill is designed to focus the airflow in more of cylindrical flow rather than the normal conical spread with little to no airflow in center.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in