Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler (updated version?) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler (updated version?)

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooler (updated version?)

Hello!

Are Phanteks updated their PH-TC14PE? It's look diffirent now, but i didn't founded how it's perform. Old version have got fins made of two parts and soldered to heatpipes in middle. On new version fins are made of one part and no soldering (at least i don't see it).

Here is pictures:

Old version

(picture from Overclockers.co.uk)

New version:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/atta...268334&thumb=1
(picture from Phanteks site)

Anyone have got more detailed information about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PH-TC14PE-3.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	268334  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Here is the new one off the website.

http://www.phanteks.com/PH-TC14PE.html

I've got two of these coolers a few years ago and they look just like in the web picture. Mine doesn't have PWM fans I don't think ??? - but the cooler performed really well for my newbie sensible OC'ing.

I'm here to post another question and I saw your post.

I suppose if the manufacturing process has changed it may be better and more improved or worse with cheaper production and I can't say either way but they performed well.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1641 (Unique: 920)
In it's evolution the PH-TC14PE has gone from variable voltage fans to PWM fans (in first year), then to new PWM fans that are basically PH-F140MP in round housing and latest change is to 1 piece fins.

I tested newest version against original and found performance to be the same when both are using same fan/s.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by fra z View Post
Here is the new one off the website. I've got two of these coolers a few years ago and they look just like in the web picture.
On Phanteks official site last cooler picture is old. =) They may forget to replace it, but still (fins with two parts).

Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
In it's evolution the PH-TC14PE has gone from variable voltage fans to PWM fans (in first year), then to new PWM fans that are basically PH-F140MP in round housing and latest change is to 1 piece fins.
I really happy that you responded, doyll! So, it's mean that i have got latest version? My fans have got PWM (at least they have got four wires) and rear sticker on fan is made of... i am not sure... metal? Word "Phanteks" on it is convex, every letter. On box they have got name "PH-140F PWM Premium Fan".

Quote: Originally Posted by fra z View Post
I tested newest version against original and found performance to be the same when both are using same fan/s.
Are you tested it with Noctua black fans (or maybe Corsair fans) with more pressure? I selected Phanteks as BEST air cooler and also it's black (since Noctua Black Edition ones still not ready).

P.S. I have plans to build black system (RGB-free) and use this cooler on my EVGA X299 Dark board with... well... i7-9800X CPU. It's scary to even think about it's 165W TDP. Most test i saw was with 140W TDP CPUs and i don't know how to predict which temp will be with +25W...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 04:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1641 (Unique: 920)
Quote: Originally Posted by T[]RK View Post
On Phanteks official site last cooler picture is old. =) They may forget to replace it, but still (fins with two parts).

I really happy that you responded, doyll! So, it's mean that i have got latest version? My fans have got PWM (at least they have got four wires) and rear sticker on fan is made of... i am not sure... metal? Word "Phanteks" on it is convex, every letter. On box they have got name "PH-140F PWM Premium Fan".

Are you tested it with Noctua black fans (or maybe Corsair fans) with more pressure? I selected Phanteks as BEST air cooler and also it's black (since Noctua Black Edition ones still not ready).

P.S. I have plans to build black system (RGB-free) and use this cooler on my EVGA X299 Dark board with... well... i7-9800X CPU. It's scary to even think about it's 165W TDP. Most test i saw was with 140W TDP CPUs and i don't know how to predict which temp will be with +25W...
I tested with the new PH-F140HP II (same as PH-F140MP but cooler fan has round housing instead of square) and also with Thermalright TY-143 (becasue that is what I used in original testing many years ago). While results between coolers was not identical it was well within basic +/-0.5c margin of error commonly experienced when testing coolers.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in