Overclock.net banner

Turbo Right from Thermalright?

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  doyll 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Thanks, I've never seen one before. Initial impressions of all the lights were wow, not for me.

Wow, TR has a CLC now. I never thought TR of all companies would do a CLC. But geez, couldn't they have picked a better name?

I guess the only one left standing with only air coolers is Noctua, but that may be a matter of time as well. Now that I think about it, Noctua WC components may actually be successful.
Haha I know right? Something always gets lost in translation.

Because the world needed another CLC .....
It wouldn't be so bad if it was an actual Thermalright product. Watch Noctua will have an Asstek one with their own fans, lna's, and colors.

I guess you can only do so much with air.

The things we do for money.

#3 ·
Wow, TR has a CLC now. I never thought TR of all companies would do a CLC. But geez, couldn't they have picked a better name?

I guess the only one left standing with only air coolers is Noctua, but that may be a matter of time as well. Now that I think about it, Noctua WC components may actually be successful.

#7 · (Edited)
Because the world needed another CLC .....
Its not a CLC tho, its refillable... The radiator fittings are threaded.

I mean, even if you're too lazy to read, the little coolant bottle is right there in the pictures.

So maybe slow down the hate parade until we know more about this thing?

Edit: And do we even know any specs on the pump and radiator yet? Heck the radiator even looks very similar to some off the shelf copper ones.

Edit2: Knew it, It looks extremely similar to the magicool copper radiator.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah, but that would require R&D and production, which would likely price it out of being competitive. Swiftech was able to do it since they have a factory and the designer in house. That's why all of the CLC marketers buy some oem's off the shelf design and slap on their logo and fans.....or just oem fans with their stickers on them. But, I don't begrudge TR going after the cash from CLC sales (though I can't say I'm on board with the unit they chose). It's a big market, they may as well get a share of the profits.

I would imagine that Noctua would be more likely to do something like the BQ - an AIO with copper parts and a pump that actually does something - or even do an all new design. It wouldn't be like them to put out an inferior piece.

#10 ·
If they put their name on it, I'm sure it has to perform well. I think I just looked at their site on Thursday or Friday and these weren't there. If they perform well I would try one.. I have space for the 360 in the front, and the little guy up top.

#11 · (Edited)
I see it comes with 100ml of coolant for topping up as needed, with a fill plug on side of pump / waterblock. Interesting.

#12 ·
I just noticed Thermalright makes RGB fans to go with it ...
http://www.thermalright.com/product/tl-r12/

THERMALRIGHT RGB fan TL series is a stand-alone 120mm PWM fan engineered for high airflow delivery and cooling efficiency.
With 13 colors and different lighting modes, TL provides vibrant colors and vivid animations, adding a stunning element to your rig. Due to the fans memory-function, settings remain unchanged even if the PC has been turned off.

The FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) design gives TL a life span of up to 60,000 hours and significantly reduces noise levels, ensuring silent operation.

For a FDB , 60K hours seems low. Seems performance was sacrificed to meet the RGB demand.

#14 · (Edited)
This really ought to be in watercooling subforum but I found this review:
https://www.coolpc.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=261460
Until the all core 4.9GHz can not pass the frequency, of course, it is necessary to challenge the all core 5.0GHz, the voltage is set to 1.32V, 240mm standby average temperature is 32.1 degrees, the average burning machine is 95.8 degrees, there are several cores to 100 It can be thought of starting to reduce frequency, the lowest drop to 4.5GHz, while the 360mm part of the standby average temperature is 31.6 degrees, the average burning machine is 95.6 degrees, the same core to 100 degrees, the lowest frequency drops to 4.7GHz It seems that although the two types of water cooling are different in size, the difference in heat dissipation performance is not large. Interested friends can purchase according to their own needs.
CPU:Intel Core i7-8700K
MB:ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA
RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2666 8Gx2
VGA:Intel UHD Graphics 630
SSD:EZLINK CV-6 240G SSD
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W
probably not delidded.

Apparently uses 0.1mm microchannels.

--------

i9-9900k:
Let's review the previous CPU temperature record of Thermalright TR-240C with TF4 thermal grease (room temperature 25 degrees), standby 41 degrees up and down, burning process between 78~97 degrees, the highest temperature is 100 degrees, average temperature About 80 degrees, the average temperature difference between the test results and Silver King came to 5 degrees.
https://www.coolpc.com.tw/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=260607

Pricing:

240C = about € 140 https://geizhals.eu/thermalright-turbo-right-240-c-tr-240c-a2080660.html#offerlist
360C = about € 170 https://geizhals.eu/thermalright-turbo-right-360-c-tr-360c-a2080675.html

#15 ·
This really ought to be in watercooling subforum but I found this review:
You are right, that was my mistake. This was on their site for mere hours before I posted it. Being a Thermalright, I naturally gravitated to the air cooling forum.

#17 ·
I’ve got fans that have been in use daily for almost 14 years. Others I have are just as old but are like new at roughly 7 years use.

#18 ·
Me too, but I suspect we are members of a very small group. But we also need to keep in mind that projected live expectancy is shortest life (hopefully), not how long they might actually last. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.