Scythe AM4 mounts - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Scythe AM4 mounts

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Scythe AM4 mounts

Hello.

Anyone here tried to get the AM4 mounting directly from Scythe? On their website they say they offer it for 3,99€ to EU customers, Ive send them an email but no reply so far. I've found the SCYTHE SCAM4-1000A Mounting System for AM 4 Type A, which I need, I have first gen Kotetsu, however here it costs whopping 15€.

Thanks

My PC
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC
RAM
2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 SSD
Hard Drive
Seageta Barracuda 4TB
Power Supply
Corsair CX550M
Case
Fractal Design Focus G
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:18 AM
Meep

Rep: 304 (Unique: 223)
I'd wait for scythe to get back to you, maybe try a second email in a couple of days.

It really doesn't make sense to spend €15 upgrading the mount of a mark I Kotetsu when the mark II that comes with the mount is only €30.

Worst case scenario, if scythe doesn't get back to you, I'd sell yours and buy a Mark II.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Yea I definitely don't want to spend that much on just the mounting system. However the cheapest mark II is 45€ here. Second hand PC hardware is not that big here so I'm not sure I would be able to sell my mark I to someone, but I'll try if Scythe doesn't respond. I've sent them another mail, I already received the new parts so I'll just use the Wraith for now. Thanks

My PC
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC
RAM
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 SSD
Hard Drive
Seageta Barracuda 4TB
Power Supply
Corsair CX550M
Case
Fractal Design Focus G
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1665 (Unique: 927)
While €15 is expensive fo ra mount it's still €15-30 less than a new cooler. If you are thinking of buying new cooler, what case, motherboard and RAM are you using? Can you get Thermalright coolers? I ask because their TRUE Spirit 120M BW is about €39, TRUE Spirit 140 Direct is about €38, Macho Rev. C is about €42, and TRUE Spirit 140 Power is about €44. TRUE Spirit 140 Power cools as well as the very best and is also as quiet as very best, but it needs 171mm CPU clearance and fins reach 77.5mm center CPU toward PCie sockets.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well, second mail did it it seems
Confirmed they still send the mounts, just sent them payment via PayPal and they should be shipping it. Maybe I should have waited till Monday with that first email, and not sending it on Sunday, probably could have had the mounts already here.

@doyll true, but since this was rather budget upgrade I did not want to spend that much and I was counting on using my current cooler. Anyway I'm currently limited by ****ty old CoolerMaster case, right now with my Kotetsu I have only few mms left , and I say the Kotetsu is pretty small tower cooler (160 mm height). I will probably be moving to a Fractal Focus G (which will I get cheaply from colleague that doesnt want it)

My PC
(9 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 OC
RAM
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 SSD
Hard Drive
Seageta Barracuda 4TB
Power Supply
Corsair CX550M
Case
Fractal Design Focus G
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64 1903
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1665 (Unique: 927)
Quote: Originally Posted by blue.dot View Post
Well, second mail did it it seems
Confirmed they still send the mounts, just sent them payment via PayPal and they should be shipping it. Maybe I should have waited till Monday with that first email, and not sending it on Sunday, probably could have had the mounts already here.

@doyll true, but since this was rather budget upgrade I did not want to spend that much and I was counting on using my current cooler. Anyway I'm currently limited by ****ty old CoolerMaster case, right now with my Kotetsu I have only few mms left , and I say the Kotetsu is pretty small tower cooler (160 mm height). I will probably be moving to a Fractal Focus G (which will I get cheaply from colleague that doesnt want it)
Great news!

Kotetsu is good cooler for it's size and number of heatpipes. I've been spoiled with bigger 6x and 8x heatpipe coolers .. which honestly I don't need. What I like is how quiet systems are with bigger / more heatpipe coolers are. Even under heavy load I have to be less than 2-3 feet from system to hear it's whisper quiet noise level over background noise in room a very quiet room.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in