IceGiant ProSiphon Elite - Page 18 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

IceGiant ProSiphon Elite

post #171 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 02:45 AM
Food Editor

Rep: 719 (Unique: 378)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post

As mentioned.. customers and the market they shape.
And as implied, said same customers and their -severely- intellectually lacking response to anything they do not care for personally, or are unable to grasp.

Being realistic of course, one needs take said market under consideration. That in focus, honestly not sure if such a product is viable at that price range. Viable for IceGiant that is.
Very niche unfortunately. Cannot foresee folks giving up their RGB for this one, cannot foresee tricycle users going back to air (and between you and me, why would tricyle users own a Threadripper in the first place), cannot foresee semi-knowledgeable folks purchasing it to "fit" it in their two fan intake chassis (with RGB). And sadly, cannot quite see """creators""" even caring about it; different age, different mentality and not much to motivate a time gap bridging.

Which leads me to what i said before and folks got all over me, my humble opinion being they should stick to said niche, guns out. No thinning (which they've done), no hunting for DB-optimised performance, accoustics, or looks. Just raw temps. And their latest interview, also posted here, tells a slightly different story.
If you can't join them, why waste time trying. Says i anyhow.

(that is assuming this cooler has legs, which i am willing to; for now)
what annoys me about the RBB revolution is mostly the rip off software. all the while, aquacomputer's been doing this stuff the whole time.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 02:49 AM
Meep

Rep: 330 (Unique: 234)
Yeah, those are an issue one way or another; but if we follow that mentality, TV should be on the couch right next to us, fridge on top of the kitchen table right next to the missus and so on.. can't say i'm convinced by the logic
what are you talking about?

The PC is next to the monitor to minimize cables hanging around and/or running across the floor. Only have 2 cables running down, 1 AC-power the other ethernet. Everything else is built into the desk.

Just like you would put your tv on or above(wall mount) an appropriate piece of furniture that contains your other devices and cables.

And just like you would build your fridge into your other kitchen furniture.

Maybe its a cultural thing, but over here its considered messy to have stuff just freestanding on the floor with cables running everywhere.
post #173 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 02:53 AM
Food Editor

Rep: 719 (Unique: 378)
eyesore. it's a thing everywhere, including the dictionary.

Add me on Steam, same name
R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
Best R0ach Quote of all time : TLDR: Haswell might be the last legit gaming platform unless mice get their own non-USB interface on some newer architecture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1689 (Unique: 935)
All this talk about IceGiant test by KitGuru who's test procedure is sadly lacking in credibliy. Nothing said in test procedure abut air temp entering case or data of air temp entering cooler at time CPU temps are taken. This all means unless user has identical system in indetincal case with identical case fans on indetical fan curves their temps will likely be different. This is compouned by testing on a CPU, not heat source that is know to be constantly changing and not doing exactly the same thing in each run, even running exactly the same load software.

No way to accurately replicate his results because basics of accurate testing are not being followed

Article has no credibility because itest procedure cannot be duplicated.
Article reminds me of a carnival barker.
Carnival barker
a person who attempts to attract patrons to entertainment events, such as a circus or funfair, by exhorting passing members of the public, announcing attractions of show, and emphasizing variety, novelty, beauty, or some other enticing feature of the show.
This testing is at best a joke and at worst a complete fabrication.

Now if they were to give one fo these IceGiant ProSiphon Elite coolers to some site like Gamer Nexus to test with their much more scientific and much more accurate scientific testing procedures we would have results worth looking at.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Last edited by doyll; 04-26-2020 at 08:01 AM.
post #175 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
what are you talking about?
Am, was rather, talking about a situation where the superficial "logic" applied (and can we really call it logic when what prompts it is as subjective as an 'aesthetic preference'?) could prove rather IL-logical if applied elsewhere, like with a fridge, or telly, or the de-humidifier in your bedroom; ergo hinting that perhaps said logic of yours may not be as .. logical as may first appear, implications thereof self-evident or so one would have hoped, all wrapped in a humorous package, so as not to offend you.
Have apparently failed.

As to messy, who told you i'm messy, lol?
I have canals (sorry, but i don't know a better word, can be plastic or metal, screwed on the wall or in my case integrated in it, hollow inside for cable routing, with caps to enclose them when cables are set) built in the wall, horizontal and vertical, nothing protruding from said wall, painted as wall is painted, within which all my cables lie. You don't see a single one hanging. You don't even see the canal lining itself unless you know what to look for. And guess what! PC case? On the floor, way i've had it since the 1980s!

Regardless, happy to agree to disagree. Contrary to most here, long as i can say my piece, no issue whatsoever with being disputed, or worse even. All good

Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
what annoys me about the RBB revolution is mostly the rip off software
Couldn't care less about that, i count you a happy man if that's the extent of your issue with it
My problem with RGB?..
- Good RAMs? RGB. Remove diffuser? Still too tall for air cooling, LED circuit's integrated in the PCB, on top of the ICs, still too tall even when naked. Cooler won't fit! Too effin bad for you mate, no good RAM sticks, buy something cheaper will you?
- New case? Without glass or acrylic? Too bad matey, no go no more. Buy something cheaper will you. We still have some cheap crap that comes solid. Like that IKEA (sorry, i meant Fractal), the poster above has. You don't need a better case, only they do, honest.
- Older CPU lineups? With 16MB of a BIOS chip? And where are we gonna fit our RGB software inside the UEFI? Let's, err, remove older CPU support, i mean who cares right?! Buy something newer will you.
- GPUs count all voltages as operating voltages? The more they draw the closer they are to artificially throttling because cap's reached? Who gives a damn, don't they look pwetty11!!!1 like that!

I could go on. And on. And on.

This is what happens when 14yr olds rule the market. 14yr olds of.. all ages. A legion of which we have here, as average posters. Sadly.
It being why i said before, all good with new and more options, as long as they don't interfere or overstep on what's already out there. Simple. Logical. And yet i'm the weirdo somehow..

Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
test procedure is sadly lacking in credibliy
You sure have a fondness for the déjà vu
No arguing there, we've been through this before, totally agree with you. And as also already mentioned, what one keeps (or should have perhaps) from said "articles" is the indication that there might be something of worth here. No more.

Pride, honour and purity.

Last edited by Aenra; 04-26-2020 at 05:47 PM.
post #176 of 180 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Facepalm

Rep: 441 (Unique: 306)
Am, was rather, talking about a situation where the superficial "logic" applied (and can we really call it logic when what prompts it is as subjective as an 'aesthetic preference'?) could prove rather IL-logical if applied elsewhere, like with a fridge, or telly, or the de-humidifier in your bedroom; ergo hinting that perhaps said logic of yours may not be as .. logical as may first appear, implications thereof self-evident or so one would have hoped, all wrapped in a humorous package, so as not to offend you.
Have apparently failed.

As to messy, who told you i'm messy, lol?
I have canals (sorry, but i don't know a better word, can be plastic or metal, screwed on the wall or in my case integrated in it, hollow inside for cable routing, with caps to enclose them when cables are set) built in the wall, horizontal and vertical, nothing protruding from said wall, painted as wall is painted, within which all my cables lie. You don't see a single one hanging. You don't even see the canal lining itself unless you know what to look for. And guess what! PC case? On the floor, way i've had it since the 1980s!

Regardless, happy to agree to disagree. Contrary to most here, long as i can say my piece, no issue whatsoever with being disputed, or worse even. All good

Couldn't care less about that, i count you a happy man if that's the extent of your issue with it
My problem with RGB?..
- Good RAMs? RGB. Remove diffuser? Still too tall for air cooling, LED circuit's integrated in the PCB, on top of the ICs, still too tall even when naked. Cooler won't fit! Too effin bad for you mate, no good RAM sticks, buy something cheaper will you?
- New case? Without glass or acrylic? Too bad matey, no go no more. Buy something cheaper will you. We still have some cheap crap that comes solid. Like that IKEA (sorry, i meant Fractal), the poster above has. You don't need a better case, only they do, honest.
- Older CPU lineups? With 16MB of a BIOS chip? And where are we gonna fit our RGB software inside the UEFI? Let's, err, remove older CPU support, i mean who cares right?! Buy something newer will you.
- GPUs count all voltages as operating voltages? The more they draw the closer they are to artificially throttling because cap's reached? Who gives a damn, don't they look pwetty11!!!1 like that!

I could go on. And on. And on.

This is what happens when 14yr olds rule the market. 14yr olds of.. all ages. A legion of which we have here, as average posters. Sadly.
It being why i said before, all good with new and more options, as long as they don't interfere or overstep on what's already out there. Simple. Logical. And yet i'm the weirdo somehow..

You sure have a fondness for the déjà vu
No arguing there, we've been through this before, totally agree with you. And as also already mentioned, what one keeps (or should have perhaps) from said "articles" is the indication that there might be something of worth here. No more.
I was commending and supporting your post earlier. I wasn't criticizing you. It was that other guy, whatever his name was.
And I'm the guy who bought the Fractal Design Define 7 XL with the solid panel. Was that a bad buy?

[email protected] ghz, RX Vega 64, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Master, Seasonic Platinum 1000W, Corsair 760T
Alt: MSI GT73VR Throttlebook with 7820HK @ 4.7 ghz, GTX 1070 MXM TDP mod to 230W, 32 GB RAM

Quote: Originally Posted by sakete View Post
Well, I want you to know I have an academic degree in speculation.
post #177 of 180 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 02:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
Just got an email stating the pre-orders would start shipping by end of May. I'm still skeptical if this cooler is actually any upgrade for a Ryzen 3900X. Seems this is more suited for those high TDP CPU's like Threadripper and Intel HEDT. Guess I'll wait for a review before buying this one.
post #178 of 180 (permalink) Old 05-01-2020, 04:22 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 440 (Unique: 293)
Quote: Originally Posted by d0mmie View Post
Just got an email stating the pre-orders would start shipping by end of May. I'm still skeptical if this cooler is actually any upgrade for a Ryzen 3900X. Seems this is more suited for those high TDP CPU's like Threadripper and Intel HEDT. Guess I'll wait for a review before buying this one.
Well....yeah.... IceGiant has stated over and over that this cooler was specifically built for high wattage TR and Intel HEDT in applications where noise is not a consideration. A 3900X is not it's intended usage and won't put out enough heat to show the advantages or application this was made for.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #179 of 180 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
You guys make me laugh... Why not just spray the whole PC in "NeverWet" and chuck it in a lake! Just think of the cooling volume! Give it a chance when the consumer version comes out and then let the tests begin!
post #180 of 180 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter
Tetrapyloctomist

Rep: 45 (Unique: 27)
Quote: Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
Was that a bad buy?
I missed this, my apologies. Belated ones as it were
I tend to speak my mind, as this is what forums are meant for. I'm not targetting anyone in specific nor am i conscious or wary of whether i'll 'offend' anyone; as mentioned, just speaking my mind. Opinions.

No, it isn't a.. bad purchase, one can get a lot worse. One can also get similar at higher prices.
That said?
- The majority of Fractal cases just aren't optimal or let us say aren't meant for people that i) have air-cooled systems and ii) expect to push what they can do with them.
- Are nothing but OEM rebrands (buy many, write your name over it) coming straight from a very specific Chinese factory; like almost all cases are, granted.
- Except somehow, it's a "Fractal". Especially in the US, very 'trendy' a brand, as if that means something.. see above.
- Leading to this overly aggressive market saturation of same-looking, average to below average quality made for the masses products that somehow? Despite all that? Have managed to get a reputation! Just like IKEA does with furniture, lol. This postmodern art, honed by our current financial system, of elevating a cheap, made for all (aka not for enthusiasts, aka with compromises galore) product into.. an icon somehow. Money talks.

No problem with that either. As hinted, a norm today. Until that is you see it praised in an "enthusiast" forum, where "knowledgeable" and "discerning" people come to discuss all the things they "know". Best.
You wouldn't see me criticising it elsewhere, at all. But here you will.

(mind you, there's even worse, like Phanteks cases. Don't even get me started on those; be it on cooling potential, actual numbers, or how they're being 'pushed' here by certain individuals. However, they at least aren't the "IKEA variety", they only address victims. Different category of wrong, but i don't go there, we'll always have victims. Some folks just need to pay more before they feel happy)

To Abbott and Costello above, my man you're in the wrong place.
Your ignorance tells me that, not your sarcasm. Because had you understood the issue today (and more so tomorrow), you wouldn't have made such an inane comment.
As stated, wrong place. May i suggest Carey Holzman?

Pride, honour and purity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in