Help with cpu cooler for ASUS strix X570-I mitx - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Help with cpu cooler for ASUS strix X570-I mitx

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 93)
Help with cpu cooler for ASUS strix X570-I mitx

Been out of the loop for a couple years, and can’t seem to find very many post for cpu cooler choices for my board.

I would like a top down cooler that’s capable of cooling 3600x and maybe higher end CPI down the road. I’m fine going with tower coolers also.it seems like noctua is the only helpful website when it comes to coolers. I like noctua, but would like to seem some other choices.

Build is ......
Amd 3600x
ASUS strix X570-I
16 gig Corsair rgb 3200 MHz
Sapphire pulse 5700 xt
Corsair sf600 psu
Samsung evo 1 tb NVMe
Fractal design nano s

So I have the room for height, but not much for width because of the large motherboard heat sinks. And help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 438 (Unique: 291)
Quote: Originally Posted by toyz72 View Post
Been out of the loop for a couple years, and can’t seem to find very many post for cpu cooler choices for my board.

I would like a top down cooler that’s capable of cooling 3600x and maybe higher end CPI down the road. I’m fine going with tower coolers also.it seems like noctua is the only helpful website when it comes to coolers. I like noctua, but would like to seem some other choices.

Build is ......
Amd 3600x
ASUS strix X570-I
Sapphire pulse 5700 xt
Corsair sf600 psu
Samsung evo 1 tb NVMe
Fractal design nano s

So I have the room for height, but not much for width because of the large motherboard heat sinks. And help would be great.
What about something like a Scythe Fuma 2? Really nice performance, will work with that MB and case with no issues, and not absurdly expensive - https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-120mm-.../dp/B07RFNG89S

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1689 (Unique: 935)

Build is ......
Amd 3600x
ASUS strix X570-I
Sapphire pulse 5700 xt
Corsair sf600 psu
Samsung evo 1 tb NVMe
Fractal design nano s

Quick motherboard scaling shows about 90mm of clearance toward PCIe but only about 45mm center CPU to near side of RAM socket. Scythe Fuma 2 is short enough to fit in your Nano's 162mm CPU clearance, but I don't think your RGB RAM is 51mm tall. Top of CPU is approx 8mm above mobo and RAM socket raises RAM about 3mm above mobo, so top of RAM will be about 46mm above top of CPU leaving 116mm between top of RAM and case if 162mm spec is accurate. Every Fractal Design case I've checked had a few mm more room than spec, so fan may fit, but it will be tight.

You could run Fuma 2 with just middle fan no problem. Every twin tower 2x fan cooler I've tested with just middle fan was only a couple degrees warmer at full speed and same at same noise level as 2 fans. Basically because 2x fans make more noise than 1x, so 1x fan running a little faster making same noise level as 2x fans moves about same amount of air so is same temp.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 10:06 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 438 (Unique: 291)
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
Quick motherboard scaling shows about 90mm of clearance toward PCIe but only about 45mm center CPU to near side of RAM socket. Scythe Fuma 2 is short enough to fit in your Nano's 162mm CPU clearance, but I don't think your RGB RAM is 51mm tall. Top of CPU is approx 8mm above mobo and RAM socket raises RAM about 3mm above mobo, so top of RAM will be about 46mm above top of CPU leaving 116mm between top of RAM and case if 162mm spec is accurate. Every Fractal Design case I've checked had a few mm more room than spec, so fan may fit, but it will be tight.

You could run Fuma 2 with just middle fan no problem. Every twin tower 2x fan cooler I've tested with just middle fan was only a couple degrees warmer at full speed and same at same noise level as 2 fans. Basically because 2x fans make more noise than 1x, so 1x fan running a little faster making same noise level as 2x fans moves about same amount of air so is same temp.
Ah....I missed the argeebee RAM.....

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 93)
Quote: Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Ah....I missed the argeebee RAM.....

Yeah, I think it will be an aio, or noctua u9s, or 12s. Can’t really go wrong with noctua

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 11:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1689 (Unique: 935)
Yeah, I think it will be an aio, or noctua u9s, or 12s. Can’t really go wrong with noctua
Honestly, Fuma 2 single middle fan will do better tham coolers using 90 or 12mm fan/s. Noctua sells NH-D15S with single fan which cools within 2c of NH-D15 with 2x fans. Granted, NH-D15S has offset base so different bends in heatpipes, but both have same number and size of heatpipes. Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme is only doulbe fanned twin tower out of 5 Silver Arrrow models with other 4 using single fan. Ony difference in all of them is basically difference in bases.

Phanteks Owners Club Ways to Better Cooling
i7 980 @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-143 fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =Enermax Modu84+ =Define R2 w/3x TY-140 case intake fans; all PWM controlled by CPU fan socketPhanteks Enthoo Primo MoBo Rampage III Extreme CPUi7 980X
@ 4.0GHz =R1 Ultimate w/2x TY-143 fans =Dominator GT 6x2GB =Rampage III Extreme =ASUS GTX580 DirectCU II =TX850 =Enthoo Primo w/ custom castor base

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in