What thermalcompound should I use? - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

What thermalcompound should I use?

post #61 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BADFASTBUSA View Post
I have always liked OCZ Freeze the best out of all of them I have used, and I have used all of them LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckaz View Post
how long is the curing time for IC7
It's initial cure is within 2 hours. If you've used it you know this stuff is thick as tar so just using the drop method doesn't always work, it depends on what you're putting it on. A large GPU, spread a thin layer then put 3 drops on and apply up to 50lbs pressure, usually the pressure the screws apply.

Total cure can take up to a week. I saw initial temp drops of 7c over the first few hours when I put it on one of my Gtx 480's. After a week it had dropped another 3-4c.

This is thier application instruction: http://innovationcooling.com/applica...structions.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimibgood View Post
I think nothing. It is pretty thick. I saw 3-5 temp drops immediately but I forget the exat temp drop due to brain freeze.

Bad if you used IC7, you would not use anything else my friend. It smokes freeze.
Actually on the IC Diamond website there are plenty of comparison charts.

OCZ Freeze "Extreme" and IC Diamond there is only about .7c difference.

AS5 and IC diamond there is a 1.5c difference.

MX-2 and IC Diamond is a 2c difference. That's MX-2 though. I'm testing MX-3 and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference at all. My tests aren't done though. I will be removing the MX-3 and applying IC Diamond, then we'll see if there is a difference.

Charts are from Innovation Cooling and HWReviewlabs.

ninja.gifThe *OFFICIAL* HAF 932/922 Case Owners Clubninja.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in